Don’t Be Foolish
Junior Poster
Model: Lotus Elite 503
Colour: Canyon Red
Year: 1978

1978 Lotus Elite Spare Parts

Post by Don’t Be Foolish »

Good evening,

Please find below, a list of used, refurbished and new parts that were removed from or bought to fit a 1978 Lotus Elite. I plan to list the items on eBay eventually but if anyone here is interested before I do, I would welcome your offer. Similarly, if anyone requires further information or pictures, please forward me your email by PM so that I can respond.

I have the following items available:

1. Elite Series 1 rear bumper, including rear lights and number plate lights. The items were removed from my car by Lotusbits in November 2018, when all lights were working and have been dry stored since.

2. Elite Series 1 near side glass fibre sill panel.

3. Elite Series 1 off side glass fibre sill panel.

4. 5 x Elite Series 1 alloy wheels. The four that had been fitted to my car have been refurbished and are immaculate apart from a tiny scratch on one caused when having the tyres replaced. The spare has not been refurbished but is in good condition. All five wheels were fitted with new Maxxis 205/60/R14 88H tyres at the end of 2016 and were only on the car for approximately 12 months/1000 miles (spare unused) as I replaced the original alloys with a set of Speedlines.

5. Elite steering wheel with Series 2 foam/black leather covered boss. I had the rim recovered by Royal Steering Wheels in black nappa leather which adds 2mm to the diameter of the wheel which, in my opinion greatly helps with grip. The leather on the boss wasn’t replaced but is in good condition and the metal spokes of the wheel have been repainted. The steering wheel has not been fitted to my car since being recovered as, in the end, I decided to stick with the Series 1 style boss.

6. Nardi Personal steering wheel including centre crash pad and boss plus an adapter to allow it to fit an Elite. The Lotus logo at the centre of the boss has a small ‘kink’ in it but it may be possible to ‘pop’ this out with the right tools.

7. Elite Series 1 boot release cable (front section).

8. Elite Series 2 style dual waistline pin stripe (gold). This was purchased from SJ Sportscars and there is enough on the roll to go round the whole car.

9. Elite Series 2 style lower side stripe (gold). Again, this was purchased from SJ Sportscars and there is enough on the roll to do both sides of the car.

10. Black and silver bonnet badge. New but not genuine Lotus part.

Collection of the larger items would be from LA14 5QE.

I would be happy to post any of the smaller bits but would have to find out costs once packaged up.

Regards,

Bill

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Re: 1978 Lotus Elite Spare Parts

Post by Pete Boole »

I'd like the tailgate release cable please Bill - is it new as well?

Pete

Don’t Be Foolish
Junior Poster
Model: Lotus Elite 503
Colour: Canyon Red
Year: 1978

Post by Don’t Be Foolish »

Good morning Pete,

No, the boot release cable is a secondhand item that I bought from Lotusbits but never fitted to my car.

If you wouldn’t mind sending me your email address via a PM, I will take some photos later today and send them to you.

Thanks for your interest,

Bill

theelanman
Regular Poster
Model: Elite, Evora, Elan, M100
Colour: Lagoon Blue

Post by theelanman »

Bill
Email sent
Thanks
Gareth