Elite Fever !

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

mkelite
Senior Poster
Model: Elite S2.2
Colour: Lotus Yellow
Year: 1982

Elite Fever !

Post by mkelite »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171770064174? ... EBIDX%3AIT

are we now seeing the renewed wedge interest and will it stay for good this time ?

just look how much Triumph TR7 s have gone up in value and interest recently too for example...............

the 'wedge' is back ?

regards.

DC.

malcolm
Regular Poster
Model: se
Colour: essex blue
Year: 1986

Re: Elite Fever !

Post by malcolm »

"Barn find"..........................where I come from if it has a garage door and a car in it we call it a garage!!! So its more of a old unloved slightly scabby car left in garage type find.
1986 Excel SE Essex Blue.

MrCoolA
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Pacific Blue
Year: 1989

Post by MrCoolA »

malcolm wrote:"Barn find"..........................where I come from if it has a garage door and a car in it we call it a garage!!! So its more of a old unloved slightly scabby car left in garage type find.

.......................... :lol: :lol: Love it.
Previously Jerry (Taylor)
Now "Black Flag"

Lotus Excel SEI1989 253.6hp 190lbft
Lotus Elise S3 1.6. Motorsport Green 2011.

mkelite
Senior Poster
Model: Elite S2.2
Colour: Lotus Yellow
Year: 1982

Post by mkelite »

.......... think you will understand that 'Barn Find' is a technical marketing word used to increase sales potential........Lol. :lol:

DC.

crofty1984
Regular Poster
Model: Widebody - LC engine
Colour: Blue
Year: 1986

Post by crofty1984 »

Look, if you didn't find it in a barn, it's not a barn find. Jeezus - you'd thing 90% of the population of ebay live on farms. I want to see these mysterious barns that keep popping up everywhere!

I need a bigger garage, maybe if I just sit around long enough with a ropey motorbike in the middle of the garden a nice new barn will just materialise around me.
Restoration of my wedge in a hedge: http://www.danslotusproject.blogspot.com

alanbell
Senior Poster

Post by alanbell »

doubt they will get £3K 3C might be closer. whoever buys it will need a big heart or a big wallet.

Lotus-e-Clan
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE - EWP/Waterless!
Colour: Not Blue or Green
Year: 1989

Post by Lotus-e-Clan »

Well tbf, my take on 'barn find' is that the car has only come on the market because it has been discovered (be it garage or barn) following acquisition of a property - usually related to a house clearance, and that the owner on the log book hadn't intended to sell - but it's now out of his hands (death /debt etc). The type of building, or its state, isn't so relevant.

So this could apply to this one?

Anyway on the subject of desirability increase, I read in the current Club Lotus mag that Guy Munday is going independent and looking for specific Lotus for clients - the list includes the late Excel/celebration ... that is good news.
Plus the Elite S2/2.2 is in the wanted column ..again a sign that values could firm-up as they reach the hands of the pro-restorers.
Peter K

lambert.john
Senior Poster
Model: SA
Colour: Blue
Year: 1987

Post by lambert.john »

Being a cynical so-and-so I can't help wondering if some of these "barn finds" have been languishing outdoors for some while before being pushed into a "barn" for someone to "find" them!
John L.