removing eclat door frame

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

mat grant
Regular Poster
Year: 0

removing eclat door frame

Post by mat grant »

Hi all,

I'm stripping the doors on my eclat, the window frame is unbolted but i am unable to get it out. The manual helpully says "remove the bolts and lift it out". I stripped an excel a couple of years ago and the window frames came out easily, the eclat one seems stuck at the front and the back, it moves up and down about 6 inches but no more.

If anyone's done this recently and has any suggestions i'd appreciate it!

Cheers, Mat.

16VJay
Junior Poster

Re: removing eclat door frame

Post by 16VJay »

Mat,

Did this on my Elite years ago and found it so hard I eventually phoned Chris Foulds and said I was struggling with it. His reply is that's what you do, struggle.....

As I remember (and it was a while ago) it was a case of dropping the front end down enough to be able to get the back out and then working the rest out. I seem to remember the slot in the door is narrower than the blocks welded on for the mounting bolts and a bit of easing was required. I think i also put masking tape on the frame to prevent my struggles damaging the paint, also tape from inside to outside of the glass round the top of the frame so the glass isn't trying to drop out all the time.

mat grant
Regular Poster

Re: removing eclat door frame

Post by mat grant »

Thanks, I'll try that. All I got it to do was move up and down, I didn't try rotating it.

Cheers, Mat.