Free entry to watch Lotus racing

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Skeggy
Senior Poster
Year: 0

Free entry to watch Lotus racing

Post by Skeggy »

OK, before you all shout at me, I know this really should be in the Off Topic section.

But I guessed this is the busiest place so I hope you don't mind.

http://www.lotus-central.com/index.php/ ... 90409.html

Basically the race meeting that was due to happen at Donington has been move to Silverstone.

And the organisers have done a deal with Silverstone, or paid them ;), and it is free entry for spectators.
Some of them are just driving a racing car but some are racing drivers.

mat grant
Regular Poster

Re: Free entry to watch Lotus racing

Post by mat grant »

Hi,

Just want to say thanks for the link to this - I went to the races in the afternoon and saw 5 of the 6 races. I took my three year old, the wife and a mate. It was good fun, the elise racing was good, GT cars were good (Dodge viper won, there were a couple of ferraris, lambos, 911s etc). The toyo tyres series races were good with a real variety of cars, couple of XJSs, RX7s and lots of BMWs - even a mk1 ford capri, that had lots of smoke coming out of it by the end.

The place was not crowded at all so we could go round to all the parts of the track and look close up in the paddock.

There were quite a few old Lotus in the car park, two excels, one was a dark red one for sale aty £5495. Saw a silver excel on the M40 motorway going back toward london, plus the dark red for sale one went past us as we turned off the M40. There was also a nice yellow S2 esprit, and a couple of Europas. Also a black Eclat automatic.

Anyone on here own any of those? Sadly I went in the volvo estate as I had my kid with me. Plus the Eclat is off the road waiting to become part excel!

Cheers, Mat.

albutch
Verified Poster
Model: SA
Colour: Pacific Blue
Year: 1989

Post by albutch »

mat grant wrote: There were quite a few old Lotus in the car park, two excels, one was a dark red one for sale aty £5495.
Oi, less of the old, they're just coming into their prime :D Mine was the Pacific Blue Excel a few cars away from the one for sale.
Am I the most Northerly member?

mat grant
Regular Poster

Post by mat grant »

Sorry meant 'old-er' as in not the new generation Elise / Exige etc... :lol:

Mat.

albutch
Verified Poster
Model: SA
Colour: Pacific Blue
Year: 1989

Post by albutch »

Ah! Classics :D
Am I the most Northerly member?

mat grant
Regular Poster

Post by mat grant »

That's it! :lol:

BillB
Regular Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Silver
Year: 1990

Post by BillB »

The silver Excel on the M40 heading to London could well have been me on my way back from Donnington. I don't think silver is a very common colour (for Excel's).

Regards
Bill