Pics of Resto

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

83Excel
Senior Poster
Model: Evora 400
Colour: Racing Green

Post by 83Excel »

Lotus-e-Clan wrote:
malcolm wrote:
Peter wrote:Looks good, i like the lines of the LC with the toyota alloys, and small rear spolier, it all comes together so well
You know what after years of really thinking the flared arch models were much much nicer I am really starting to apreciate the lines of the original. Very sharp and clean.
That's why I reckon this one is probably nearly worth the money

Click for Lc toyota wheeled Excel

Prefer the centre bonnet vent on SE's though...
Wonder who's that was (note sticker in the rear window in the shot with the Scoobie behind it).

The earliest cars didn't have any bonnet vents, this one has the SE boot spoiler and rear mudflaps added. Not sure that spoiler fits properly with the early model boot lines.
Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red Leather interior.
Mini F56 John Cooper Works for the laydee

lotii1
Junior Poster
Model: Excel LC
Colour: Red
Year: 1984

Post by lotii1 »

Just to let all the kind people (especially Chris) know My car has run successfully all weekend :o The head was rebuilt replacing the stuck inlet valve springs etc etc and it ran for 5 minutes and an exhaust valve stuck - yes really :roll: . So another rebuild every valve out guides honed Should have done this in the first place of course but still . Anyway went to Cholmondeley Castle car rally in Cheshire on Sunday (recommended by the way) and I only saw one other Lotus ( nice Europa) Car will have final health check next Tuesday then its off to Ireland for a holiday - Wish me Luck :!:

micha
Regular Poster
Year: 0

Re: Pics of Resto

Post by micha »

may i ask what you have "restorated" at suspension, brakes etc.. (underneath)?

lotii1
Junior Poster
Model: Excel LC
Colour: Red
Year: 1984

Post by lotii1 »

Just the usual and obvious stuff really. Chassis was good. The exhaust is stainless and reasonable - (just a bit of welding needed) so brakes overhauled - new pads, calipers refurbished, and new brake pipes, new adjustable dampers all round. Diff oil seals need replacing (will be done within next couple of weeks hopefully) In general the car was not as bad "underneath" as its cosmetic appearance would lead you to believe.

dunc
Regular Poster
Model: 80 Eclat S2 V8, 76Eclat 520
Colour: ylw, coral

Post by dunc »

I just stumbled across this thread from google.

It represents a bit of a blast from the past for me as I am a member of North Kent Lotus Group and used to live in Maidstone between 2003-2006. I would regularly travel down the Rochester road and drive past this red excel sitting looking very forlorn in that front garden along with a S3 landrover. I even got as far as knocking on the door to see if the owner knew about our group and was interested in joining, only to be greeted by an old lady who as soon as I mentioned "Lotus" chipped in with "It's not for sale...!"

It is great to see the condition the car is now in from what it once was. It certainly looks like a fine example.

alanbell
Senior Poster

Post by alanbell »

congratulations, an excel saved and looking magnificent. how long did it take you?.

crs_20
Junior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Silver
Year: 1983

Post by crs_20 »

Car looks great after the restoration, interestingly I own A705 HLH. so only two numbers out!