Relief from de leaf

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Lotus-e-Clan
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE - EWP/Waterless!
Colour: Not Blue or Green
Year: 1989

Relief from de leaf

Post by Lotus-e-Clan »

Drove to Holy Island today for a jolly in the Excel. Temperatures all good to begin with. Coolant 80 - 82C and oil temperature 70 - 75C.

Sixty miles up the A1 temperature is more like 90C fans cutting in even on the move oil temp up to 90C. Stopped at a lay by to investigate.

80% of the nose cone filled with leaves!
Quick deleaf and all is good until I shite myself driving over the causeway … too near the water for me!

Got to the Manor House hotel and parked the excel next to a Maserati drop top. Nice car but Excel still draws as much attention in the car park. Happy days! :)
Peter K

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Re: Relief from de leaf

Post by richardw »

Lovely part of the world Peter. Our daughter is getting married at Bamburgh Castle next Friday and we’re spending a few days up there (sadly without the Lotus - she’s not up to the taxi and haulage duties!)

Cheers, Richard

Lotus-e-Clan
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE - EWP/Waterless!
Colour: Not Blue or Green
Year: 1989

Re: Relief from de leaf

Post by Lotus-e-Clan »

richardw wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 08:43
Lovely part of the world Peter. Our daughter is getting married at Bamburgh Castle next Friday and we’re spending a few days up there (sadly without the Lotus - she’s not up to the taxi and haulage duties!)

Cheers, Richard
Yes it is beautiful on that NE coast, Bamburgh Castle is to die for inside. ... I could see myself living in a place like that! Great place for a wedding indeed. :D

Back home now. Excel performed perfectly on all roads.

Much wetter today, so leaves were mashed into the road, and not in the nose cone.

Was a bit naughty on free roads, but I don't get it out much these days, so it was willing me on. :roll:
Peter K