Brexit for us foreigners

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

DavidOliver
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1985

Brexit for us foreigners

Post by DavidOliver »

Since the end of June it has become a nightmare to receive here in Spain spare parts from UK due to Import taxes and VAT.
A package from Woolies Trim under 2 kg is charged at 46 pounds. I now source leather renovators from France.
Some UK suppliers simply no longer supply to Europe.
I wonder how small companies in UK can support not supplying to Europe with a 20% import levy.
The Trade agreement promised by Boris J has not happened.

Dave the cog.

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Re: Brexit for us foreigners

Post by bash »

We are getting same back here. Im very careful where anything comes from now because tax is slapped on top if its from the e u.
Ive even heard of people in classics with thier stash of get me home bits being accused of trying to dodge import tax.
It will settle down eventually I think, we will see.
Another problem thats reared its head is that classics are not being bought from here by e u residents because of the vast reams of paper required at the border and then tax.
Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

pistolpete
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Red
Year: 1990

Re: Brexit for us foreigners

Post by pistolpete »

SO I recently bought some special interior paint( tiny little bottle) for my wife's SLK from Germany it was £50.00 totally mad. But there is no choice its the stuff Mercedes use