Door seals

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Door seals

Post by bash »

Well mines had the ultimate test and they passed with flying colours, you might have noticed on the news that we have had a bit of rain in Yorkshire, I was caught in one of the cloudbursts that didnt pass quickly at all, I was on a downhill section of road that was bounded by banks either side with no chance of turning back, water poured off the fields and within a very short period of time it was like being sat in the middle of a river that was full of mud and water, in fact I was worried at one point that the car wuld have been lifted off the ground but no water got in the car ! ( Not even a fish like on Bond, james bond )
However, what is it that turns 4x4 drivers into complete knobs when there is a bit of adverse weather, a Land Rover coming the opposite direction ploughed thro the water at speed and everything went black for a second or two because the wave completely covered the car in mud and water accompanied by death threats if I ever met the driver again, the wipers cleared the windscreen and the rain washed most of the rest off. The same knobs drive at stupid speeds in the snow with no concept that they might be able to get up to a speed easier but they cant stop any quicker than anyone else, thats physics. Anyway, a hosedown top and bottom got the car back to looking OK and even my very shiney engine bay survived OK.
So, door seals got a tick and Land Rovers go on my list of Knobs.

Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.