Wheels wanted

Any special request go here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

lowtus
Verified Poster

Wheels wanted

Post by lowtus »

Hi, I'm looking for a new set of wheels for my car. I'm not a Lotus owner but I am lead to believe the fitment of my car is identical to the Excel, Eclat and Elite (4x114.3 with 67.1mm (or is it just 67?) center bore).

I quite like the look of these, but not sure if these were the right fitment or if these were for the Esprit:

Otherwise I am looking for a set of the Turbine style wheels that look like this:

I'm looking ideally for a set in good condition unless the price is right. I can pick up if you're relatively local to South East Kent, otherwise I'm looking for prices including postage. Tires aren't a requirement either as I'd likely use my own.

Thanks very much! :)

Danny
Senior Poster
Year: 0

Re: Wheels wanted

Post by Danny »

Speak to lotusbits.com the first wheels are speedline eclat s2.2 and have a different pcd, the second wheels are gkn they have the pcd you are looking for, not sure of centre bore.

lowtus
Verified Poster

Post by lowtus »

That's a shame the PCD is different on the S2.2 wheels as I completely love them!

I did actually send that company a message but sadly not had any reply. Do you know how long it takes to get a reply back from them usually? Don't actually have means to phone them. Cheers

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration x2
Colour: Gold,blue and green
Year: 1987

Post by AndyC »

With Lotusbits it's best to give them a call. Mike is quite open that he'll deal with customers as soon as he can but no business is likely to ask a customer who is on the telephone to hold while they clear the emails that came in ahead of them, hence calling is better.

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

There are Speedlines available with the same PCD etc as the 'turbine' style. These were fitted to S2.2 cars (mine is one) which have the same wheel geometery as the S1. Unlike the ones in the photo, the closer spacing of the wheelnuts means that material had to be ground off the centre boss. Mike Taylor should be able to help (my S2.2 Speedlines were replaced by a later set as my suspension has been upgraded to Excel specification - he may still have my old ones!).

Out of interest, what are you fitting them to?

ATB, Richard

Jason.goad
Senior Poster
Model: excel
Colour: red should be black
Year: 1985

Post by Jason.goad »

Spotted these on Ebay, if it helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Eclat-a ... 3cde8f0623

lowtus
Verified Poster

Post by lowtus »

Thanks for replies, all!

I saw that set on ebay but definitely didn't feel the price was right based on many sets of varying condition I've seen for sale in the past.

So to clarify, there are some of that design Speedline in 4x114.3 67.1mm flavour?
Oh and I'm hoping to fit them to this:

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Just did a bit more research - the early 'turbine' wheels as fitted to the Elite/Eclat S1 and early S2.2 were 4 x 100mm. The Speedlines fitted to the later S2.2 were the same spacing as the hub was unchanged. These wheels had the centre boss ground to accommodate this spacing. The later wheels (not available in 'turbine' style) were 4x114.3.

ATB Richard

lowtus
Verified Poster

Post by lowtus »

Where did you see this? This counters literally everything I've found considering every set of Turbines I've seen have been 4x114.3. In fact I know someone who put a set on the same car as mine. Direct fit.

Mr Locust
Senior Poster
Model: Excel EFI
Colour: White
Year: 1986

Post by Mr Locust »

The wheels on the Colt look like Compomotive Turbo style. Not listed on the website any more http://comp.co.uk/ but may be worth an enquiry. I have previously had them provide uncommon PCD and offset combinations.

lowtus
Verified Poster

Post by lowtus »

They are Ronal Turbos. Those are actually 60.1mm center they had to be bored out for the 67.1 on the Colt. This is basically why I looked at the Lotus turbine style because I wanted a similar style but wanted the 14" rather than 15" as I think it suits the car better. Although in my searching I have fallen for the Speedline wheels I posted above too.