Moderator: Board Moderators

jep
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: White
Year: 1987

Speedline wheels wanted full set of 5

Post by jep »

My 87 Excel has OZ fitted but I would like to revert to the original wheels. I am happy to refurb a set but they need to be good wheels without significant damage. Justin

robertverhey
Senior Poster
Year: 0

Re: Speedline wheels wanted full set of 5

Post by robertverhey »

Just so happens I listed a surplus set earlier this week on eBay.....don't suppose they're much use to you, being down under 'n all. Robert

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271430055120 ... 1586.l2649
Robert Glacier Blue '87 SE

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration x2
Colour: Gold,blue and green

Post by AndyC »

Hi Justin, I have a full set (actually more than one set) and would be interested in upgrading to Oz, but it depends whether it's convenient for you. I'm in Norfolk.

Andy

jep
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SE

Post by jep »

Andy, that could work, I am due to drop the 340R to the factory sometime for a service (not that I could get 5 wheels in that!). My OZ wheels were from LotusBits circa 2010 by the previous owner so are in good condition though in some areas they have started to peel. As I am in London, the OZ wheels just keep going out of balance and I am told the Speedlines will be better. So I would say that you would ideally need to refurbish my OZ to ensure they are true. Feel free to call me 07966 207 865

MalcolmH
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso
Year: 1988

Post by MalcolmH »

Justin, it sounds like you'll get sorted fine with Andy.

However it may be worth mentioning I have one excellent Speedline. I'm in Orpington, Kent. Just in case you end-up finding not quite a full set of the quality you'd like.

I put two superb ones on eBay last year. Mark on here bought one, and Stu (another member) expressed interest in the other. But not heard from him in a while, so he may have found one by now.

I'll probably list it again soon, for around £50.
"I never let progress get in the way of my reluctance to change"

Mr Locust
Senior Poster
Model: Excel EFI
Year: 1986

Post by Mr Locust »

I could be in the market for a single good 15" Speedline. One of mine has a notch out of the outer rim. Does it have a tyre fitted, centre or just the rim?

MalcolmH
Senior Poster

Post by MalcolmH »

Ian, it's in excellent condition and has a centre cap. Also a tyre fitted (but not a unusable one).

However I'm in Kent (just off M25) and wouldn't have any facility for despatching to Stafford.

If you might be interested in collecting, PM me with an email address and I'll send a pic.

Mr Locust
Senior Poster
Model: Excel EFI
Year: 1986

Post by Mr Locust »

Malcolm, you are right. Practicalities of collection mean that for me it is easier to wait for one to come up closer to home or try somewhere like Lotusbits.

If it is still available next time I'm in your part of the world I may contact you to see if it is still available but don't hold back if someone else wants to buy.

MalcolmH
Senior Poster

Post by MalcolmH »

Funnily enough, I was sorting through the shed (where the wheel is stored) at the weekend. And noticed that the many months of damp storage have caused the paint all over the wheel to 'pimple'.

So afraid it's not pristine any more. A trip to the dump might be in order. :cry:

mat grant
Regular Poster
Year: 0

Post by mat grant »

Hi,

Hi, I've got a set of 5 speedline wheels on my excel, would be willing to swap, they are straight and undamaged but would need a refurb to look really good. Have tyres but quite old and not great, legal though.

Depending what tyres and condition your wheels are in I would be able put some money in.

Please let me know if you're interested. I am in Berkshire. I have a big estate car so could deliver.

Thanks, Mat.