Fuel pipe, tank to pump.

Any special request go here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

jeff.fenton
Senior Poster

Fuel pipe, tank to pump.

Post by jeff.fenton »

Has anyone a spare one of these I could buy, don't need the tank fitting, but need the pump fitting. Help much appreciated. Please Email me with price+ postage. Thanks, Jeff.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Re: Fuel pipe, tank to pump.

Post by Pete Boole »

Is it just the pump fitting itself you need Jeff or does it have to have the hose attached? I might have one in the lock-up.

Pete

jeff.fenton
Senior Poster

Post by jeff.fenton »

Hello Pete, I've drained the tank, and need to run a pipe from a small (garden mower) tank to the pump to allow periodic warming up of the engine.
So need a length of pipe with an olive and the screw fitting to the pump, Thanks for offer of help. Jeff.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

I've found these two hoses Jeff - I can't remember if either of them come from the tank :roll:. I suspect they are line-lock to pump and pump to filter??

Pete

jeff.fenton
Senior Poster

Post by jeff.fenton »

Hello Pete. My line goes, tank>pump>filter>flowlock>carbs. I think your lower pipe is filter>flowlock, but shorter than mine, (behave). The top one looks to have filter fittings, but doesn't look like the one going into my filter. I don't think gravity would push fuel to the carbs if I fed it into the filter and disabled the flowlock? So the search continues for a pump inlet fitting with a length of pipe. I will try LotusBits, (are they working?), thanks so much for your help, let me know if I can help you in some way. Jeff.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

You could look for an adapter from somewhere like Think Automotive and temporarily convert the pump to take JIC fittings.

Pete

TrevorK
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE (Now gone)
Colour: White
Year: 1988

Post by TrevorK »

I was at LotusBits today and they told me they are working through the lockdown.
What car is that?