Moderator: Board Moderators

Oi_Oi_Savaloy
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Green
Year: 1987

Original Press Releases - 1986 - British Int Nat Motor Show

Post by Oi_Oi_Savaloy »

Good morning everyone - whilst looking for some info on my Excel I came across some original press releases from the 1986 British International Motorshow came with the massive history file of the car and wondered if you were interested in seeing them? Of particular interest is the announcement of the SA (auto version as you know).

Here they are in order. There are 3 press releases (I've actually got 4, the 4th being a complete history of the Lotus range but it's 10 pages so have not uploaded that).

I can photo the entire pamphlet on the esprit if you want (but haven't as it's not pertinent to Excels).

Single page press release;

The Lotus Excel SE Press Release (6 pages);

And finally - the Lotus SA announcement (2 pages);

And then I've also got some price lists (both Excel and Esprit);

(I couldn't get the entire pamphlet in one shot so chose to concentrate on the Excel element of it).

I've also got an original dealership brochure for;

The early 160bhp Excel
Esprit S3
Esprit Turbo

And then I've got really good original official press photos, in black and white of the Excel interior, exterior, bare chassis and side shot with, again, a range of press photos of what I guess Lotus felt were it's main rivals - the Renault Alpine, the TVR 350i - you can definitely see the trend for 'boxy' interiors - it's a theme that runs across all 3 cars. I've got to be careful of touching them (holding the sides, like we all used to have to do with photos) - they aren't copies.
It's all part of the Service History that came with the car - it's almost like a narrative surrounding the car and Lotus's history. My plan is to continue to build the history and try and add to the collection with original Lotus items.

If they're of interest?

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Re: Original Press Releases - 1986 - British Int Nat Motor Show

Post by richardw »

Fantastic material - the press releases themselves must be quite rare. Thanks for posting and please post more when you can!

Cheers, Richard

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Post by bash »

First Ive ever read that says the radiator was different.
Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Oi_Oi_Savaloy
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Green
Year: 1987

Post by Oi_Oi_Savaloy »

And there's more.......

So this is the rest of the press/dealer stuff that came with the car's history. It's info gathered together by a previous owner (not original to the car of course) but nevertheless - love this sort of thing. I've got quite alot of original info/dealer brochures etc etc for BMW E30's (had three of them) that I also love. I can post that lot up too if of interest. (I know it's not Excel stuff but it's of the same vintage and we're all car lovers here). :)

An over-Brochure - with dealer info on the Excel, the Esprit S3 and Esprit turbo inside;

The Lotus Excel dealer insert;

The Lotus S3 insert;

The Lotus Turbo insert;

Various Press Shots - these are original photos not photocopies. Nightmare to photo tbh (glare). Hope they give a taste of what they look like.

All are black and white.

Excel

Lotus Esprit

Renault Alpine GTA

I've got some of the TVR 350i but I've not uploaded that yet.

I'll also upload the Press Release of the history of Lotus from 1986 too. Bear with me. That'll be next.

Marcus
Junior Poster
Year: 0

Post by Marcus »

Thank you for sharing your brochures and memorabilia with us. Always good to be able to add to ones knowledge base. Marcus