Pas belt

Belts, Plugs, Filters, Fuels, Oils, additives etc..... Told you this might morph into servicing and service items.

Moderator: Board Moderators

cobsexcel
Junior Poster

Pas belt

Post by cobsexcel »

hi need some more help. I am changing the power steering belt on my 82 excel and I appear to have an odd size belt. I bought new belts from lotusbits and I have a 888 length belt for the power steering and water pump, but it won't go anywhere near it. The belt that came off was a 925. I am sure I an match it up but just wondered why I seem to have a different set up. The car has had an engine change in its life and it used to have air con. Thought it might be an éclat set up as it is a very early excel. Someone mentioned I have to pay for answers to questions in beer, I am a bit worried the postage costs might start mounting up a bit as I have a lot of questions.
Cheers D

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration x2
Colour: Gold,blue and green
Year: 1987

Re: Pas belt

Post by AndyC »

Don't fret over beer costs, if you check the fine print you'll not find anything stipulating it has to be first hand :mrgreen:
37mm is quite a difference, so it's not just about a longer belt to make it easier to fit. Looking at the SJ site there is a belt for the Eclat 2.0 (no 023), a belt for the Eclat 2.2 (no 010), Excel prior to '85MY shares no 10, then 85 Model Year goes to no 23.

cobsexcel
Junior Poster

Re: Pas belt

Post by cobsexcel »

ok thanks I will email them and see if they can tell me what length I need.