Brake Bleeding Kit

Belts, Plugs, Filters, Fuels, Oils, additives etc..... Told you this might morph into servicing and service items.

Moderator: Board Moderators

pistolpete
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Red
Year: 1990

Brake Bleeding Kit

Post by pistolpete »

SO I just wanted to share a positive experience of using a Sealey brake bleeding system. I thought it was really easy I changed all the fluid in no time and did a better job at getting stubborn airlocks out especially in my 7 which have has a few stubborn bends that does like to harbour bubbles.

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Re: Brake Bleeding Kit

Post by Alan_M »

Sealey do quite a few different ones. Do you mean the VS820? https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/563720 ... ing-system

If so, I’ve been using one for years - great piece of kit and certainly makes the job so much easier, and for modern ABS systems often the only way to do it correctly. I bought mine when I had a Mercedes with their SBC system, which was basically brake by wire and impossible to bleed using traditional up/down pedal method.

pistolpete
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Red
Year: 1990

Post by pistolpete »

yes that's the one, it was so good . If only everything made life that easy

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

I've been using a miniature version of that for years - Gunsons Eezibleed. Very useful. I like the look of the Sealey one though - might invest.

Pete

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

Pete Boole wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:22
I've been using a miniature version of that for years - Gunsons Eezibleed. Very useful. I like the look of the Sealey one though - might invest.

Pete
I’ve still got my Eezibleed from 35 years ago 😲. The sealey above is much easier.

You can usually get them for just under £50.

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Post by bash »

My ezibleed gave me a big fright once, the top blew off the master cylinder and sprayed the car with fluid. I got it off before any real damage was done though. Ive gone old school since, a clear plastic tube with bolt and jubilee clip in the end and a small slit in the pipe, it lets fluid out and no air gets back in.
Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.