Cleaning interval for K&N air filter

Belts, Plugs, Filters, Fuels, Oils, additives etc..... Told you this might morph into servicing and service items.

Moderator: Board Moderators

marky
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: white
Year: 1987

Cleaning interval for K&N air filter

Post by marky »

While my car is off the road waiting for the new crash panels I thought I would carry out a few service jobs on the engine.

For example I have had for some time new Thermal Ignition, and Cold enrichment valves so I will finally get those in - not sure the old one's are still working properly especially as the Thermal Ignition valve is loose and moves easily where the plastic joins the metal.

I thought I would also clean the K&N filter as I have a cleaning kit. I believe the cleaning interval is something ridiculous like 50K but mine looked dirty and an unbelievable amount of dirt came out of it after only 15k so my conclusion is that the cleaning interval suggested by the manufacturer is Horse s--t.!

Mark.

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Re: Cleaning interval for K&N air filter

Post by bash »

agreed, the dirt doesnt magically hide somewhere so I cleaned mine every service and I used petrol and light machine oil.... I'll get my tin hat out again !

Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

CHRISYD
Senior Poster
Model: N/A
Colour: N/A

Re: Cleaning interval for K&N air filter

Post by CHRISYD »

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I REALISED YOU CANT LIVE WITHOUT A LOTUS!!! Until now :oops: