High Hydrocarbons

Belts, Plugs, Filters, Fuels, Oils, additives etc..... Told you this might morph into servicing and service items.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster

Re: High Hydrocarbons

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Get a replacement . Repairs last as long as a box of quality streets on Christmas day.
Umm! What to do next?

KLM
Regular Poster

Post by KLM »

I agree, I've been reading up on people who have used various techniques of repair and most say get it replaced. so I will ring eurocarb on Monday.

I do have a set of throttle bodies and fuel rail in my garage though but I think I still need the car mobile if I was going to fully convert it, I mean I couldn't do it as I don't have the knowledge.

KLM
Regular Poster

Post by KLM »

I have taken another look at the cam timing today, the pictures I took on page 1 showing the cams slightly out, well I used a ruler across the centre's and the timing marks are still out. so I am going to get the cam belt replaced early in the new year.

I have found out that low co and high hydros are a result of either an intake leak or timing is out. I have been round the intake system with wd40 and checked everything twice. I am also back on mapped ignition which was set before the last cam belt change and was perfect so im struggling to see how a map would be out.

so I am really hoping that getting them cams lined up properly will resolve my issue.