Sam G15
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Blue
Year: 1987

Blue Tweed Interior

Post by Sam G15 »

Hello All,
I can't cope with the miserable blue tweed and half leather in my car so I'm upgrading it (in my opinion) so, if anyone has a dire need to have some tweed stuff in not great shape, but not so bad to throw away condition let me know. I'll be defitting and refitting over the next month so let me know if you need owt or it may get chucked after a stint on evilbay.

Will trade for wine, beer, decent marmalade or cheese.

Will post a photo when I can face looking at it again, and I've removed the Ginetta bits.

Cheers,

Sam

iangotts
Regular Poster
Model: Excel

Re: Blue Tweed Interior

Post by iangotts »

What a civilised car club - where people are happy to swap interior trim for marmalade or cheese. Love it.

I have 4 14" Speedlines available - what is the going rate in organic vegetables?
Life is not a dress rehearsal

1999 Lotus Elise S1, mustard yellow
2012 Lotus Excel, pacific blue

Spav
Site Admin

Post by Spav »

I would be interested in the front seats and rear headrests, if they are available :)

Cheers

On-line parts manual

Full access with a one-off payment of 20GBP. Enter your username and click the button. You will receive a PM with access details, once payment is complete. This is a manual process, please allow 1 or 2 days for access to be granted. Payment will show as Span6.
Username:
http://www.fromdusktildawn.net

Sam G15
Junior Poster

Post by Sam G15 »

And I'd be interested in luxury foodstuffs so they are yours! I'll send a pm when I'm not messaging from my phone!
Sam

Spav
Site Admin

Post by Spav »

Cool, thanks, I have family oop North.

On-line parts manual

Full access with a one-off payment of 20GBP. Enter your username and click the button. You will receive a PM with access details, once payment is complete. This is a manual process, please allow 1 or 2 days for access to be granted. Payment will show as Span6.
Username:
http://www.fromdusktildawn.net

madmax
Junior Poster

Post by madmax »

Hi
Nnew member so not sure how this all works.

Do you by any chance have any blue floor carpets in good condition for the aforementioned interior or are you keeping them?

Sam G15
Junior Poster

Post by Sam G15 »

Hi M. Max,
You're not after me petrol or a mate on a Kwak Z1300 are you? :lol:
I don't know you'd want them, certainly the passenger bit looks a bit bathroomey, the rest are original so if it's any use you can have them. Normally people sell stuff for money but I don't think I'll retire on the proceeds so I'd rather they went to some use and I get booze or unhealthy food in return!
I'll have a good look at them tomorrow and pm you with what survives. I don't think it'll help your quest for a good Elite however!

Cheers,

Sam

madmax
Junior Poster

Post by madmax »

Hi Sam
At least someone remembers the movie!!
You're right about the Elite, but in the meantime I've (hopefully) bought an Excel without any floormats and so if nothing else, original ones, no matter how shabby, could provide me with suitable patters to have some new ones made up.
Appreciate your help
Bonza Mate!

Sam G15
Junior Poster

Post by Sam G15 »

Now with pictures,
You can see that there is a need to tidy them, the drivers is worn in one place and needs some redying, I shouldn't have let the kids climb about the car with their wellies on either.

The carpet set is nearly complete, just the passenger footwell is in offcut blue.

I will take money for them, but quite fancy a game pie, no really, if any of you are willing to turn up and take them off me anything would be appreciated (chutney).

So you can pick up from Southport out of hours or Crewe during work times, all is ready to go as soon as you want it.

Not sure Mad Max ever said "Bonza Mate!".

Now to cut me leg off before I catch fire....

madmax
Junior Poster

Post by madmax »

How about some 4XXXX or similar Antipodean brew?

Or some gas for the last of the V8 Interceptors?

This film thing's getting out of hand!!

Not sure when I could get across to you but they would be useful as patterns I'm sure. Pick the new car up at the end of Feb and touring the Cotswolds for a few days in it which sounds nice....hope it's as good as it looks!

Thanks again

Sam G15
Junior Poster

Post by Sam G15 »

Hello all. The interior is coming out this week and will be heading tipwards pretty rapidly if no one wants any items.
Cheers.
Sam

DWH
Senior Poster
Colour: Monaco white

Post by DWH »

I'm not looking for any of the parts but am in a very similar situation with the back half already out (had to cut the rear seat belt bolts through the remove)

I would be interested in what you're planning to have done and photos of the end result if that's ok ?

All the best with the work.
David
1987 SE Monaco white
http://www.classic-reserve.co.uk

Sam G15
Junior Poster

Post by Sam G15 »

Hi David. I'm replacing the interior with a more erm....... exotic one of black with blue suede binnacle, inserts and seats. All with red stitching. Drivibg the car about the tweed and dullness was pretty miserable. Not a supercar at all. Will post pics on my thread in general called I thought it would last longer.......

Cheers
Sam

robertverhey
Senior Poster
Year: 0

Post by robertverhey »

Hi 'tis a personal choice of course but I always think it's a shame to separate cars from their parts like this, makes them perhaps less sellable down the track if someone wants to restore to factory spec.... So if you have somewhere to store your unwanted original seats that would in my humble opinion, be a better option than taking them to the tip. If I wasn't downunder I'd rescue them....

And THAT's why my garage is so cluttered!
Robert Glacier Blue '87 SE

pompey ice
Senior Poster
Model: eclat excel [skinny]
Colour: ice blue
Year: 1983

Post by pompey ice »

Hi Sam , If they are still avaiable I could make use of the headrest covers[
especialy the rear ones ,would need them posting though .

thanks Ian