Moderator: Board Moderators

AndrewWebber
Regular Poster
Model: Elite S1 503, Plus 2, Europa '
Colour: Gold
Year: 1979

Eclat on Ebay

Post by AndrewWebber »

Only 20 registrations earlier than my Elite.

No I don't want a sister car....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125935727604 ... 9255-0%2F1

TonyL
Junior Poster
Model: Excel/Elite project
Colour: Red/Red (for now)

Re: Eclat on Ebay

Post by TonyL »

It's always interesting (for me, anyway) to see these ebay listings, & where the bidding ends up. I've been following the market for less than a year, & I've been surprised at how many cars come up for sale, given how few there are out there. There have been a few go by that didn't get a mention here, including a 1974 Elite project that I bought three weeks ago. There's a 1986 Excel project on ebay at the moment too - I'll start a new thread.

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

. There have been a few go by that didn't get a mention here, including a 1974 Elite project that I bought three weeks ago.
Would that be the one from Milton Keynes?
If so could you PM ( or post) me the chassis / engine no for the register. The ad for the car said no 77, so is a very early car.

Any photos of it and are you planning a resto thread for it?

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

TonyL
Junior Poster

Post by TonyL »

No, this one was from Redhill. The VIN on the V5 is 0121A & the engine number is G74036425. THW 828 M.

This is an early car, as well, first registered 10/5/74. The car was originally dark red (I think that's called Regency Red). It was painted (badly) around 1998, I think, in bright red, & now it's somewhere between red & pink - apart from in the engine bay which is still bright red.

The PO bought the car as a project in 2018. He recommissioned the engine & got no further. He's well into retirement, & has too many projects on the go. It had done 51,633 miles when it went through its most recent MOT, in 2003, & the clock now shows 51,850.

I'll get a restoration thread going before I do any work on the car. When I find time (within the next six weeks, I hope), I'll work out how to upload pictures then get the thread going. I'm very busy with work & other commitments at the moment. I've come to work today (Saturday), & I'm supposed to be working now, but here I am getting distracted by cars & the internet again.

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

Thanks for the info Tony.
I have it on the register from the time it was on eBay last summer. Back then the advert said it was a 501, but I doubt this as all initial cars were 502's ( Air con) to my knowledge.
Did I see a photo somewhere looking like a S2 front spoiler.
Can you clarify these points.
Look forward to following your progress.
Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

TonyL
Junior Poster

Post by TonyL »

I think you're right. It looks like it had aircon & this was removed. This is fine by me, as I'll be looking to shed a few KGs here & there. As it's an early car, it doesn't have the model designation on the B pillar (I like that cleaner look).

Yes, it has an S2 front spoiler, which was on my wish list. It retains the S1 sills, which I think look better, although I should think S2 sills would be useful at 100 MPH+.

The car is a retirement project, & I haven't retired yet (target date December 2024) so I'm not expecting there to be very much progress before then, but I'll get a thread going, when time allows, & I'll put up plenty of pictures, & even more questions.

Thank you for your interest, & if you have any more questions, I'll be very please to hear from you.