Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE (Now gone)
Colour: White
Year: 1988

My old SE back on the market

Post by TrevorK »

Spotted my old car on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Excel- ... ect=mobile

It looks like the guy I sold it to has made some improvements such as sorting out the laquer lift on the roof. It's a bit above my budget so I won't be buying it but worth a look if you are in the market.
What car is that?

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Re: My old SE back on the market

Post by Hawaiis0 »

None of us will sniff at it. It's white for starters!

They'll have to drop the price.

You know what you sold it for, so can make an offer and get it back :wink: :lol:
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Come on Stu, drop the wheeler dealer act! It looks a nice well sorted car and with Trevor as a previous owner has good history. Probably a bit expensive but these days for that type of car not at all unreasonable, and a good way into ownership for anyone who does not want to spend their life on the garage floor!

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Richard, you missed my intention. Trevor seems to be looking to get back into an Excel. If we discourage prospective buyers, you never know :wink:
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

Gompo
Verified Poster

Post by Gompo »

Hi Trevor.

Do you have a thread on here documenting your ownership and work carried out, or similar? When did you sell?

Cheers.

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white

Post by bash »

If you use the site search function you can search for author's and it will turn all his posts up.

Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Gompo
Verified Poster

Post by Gompo »

Thanks Bash.

I did take a look. Appears to be a decent example although the A/C problem is a little off-putting; not a big deal really but it would be nice to know what the issue is even if not fixed. As you can perhaps tell I am getting a bit impatient waiting for the 'perfect' car to come along! Especially just seeing an Elise and a Seven drive past my house, probably on their way to Blyton.

Cheers, Greg.

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white

Post by bash »

Having designed and built a custom ac system for my car it should be fixable if all the pipes and stuff are there. It could be something as simple as new seals and a recharge. Its unlikely that a 'perfect' car will come up cos we tend to keep them but good luck and keep searching.

Bash
Ps, not wanting to pee on your chips but Ive never done a trackday in mine cos I cant get in with helmet on and I know you are taller than me. Blyton is fun though ( in another car in my case).
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Gompo
Verified Poster

Post by Gompo »

Good point on headroom with a helmet, maybe a special track day seat would be required with no base! I happily go to Blyton just to watch though and not really sure I'd want to track an Excel.

I've sent a couple of messages to the seller of this on Ebay, seems like a decent chap and has been forthcoming with information and we have discussed the A/C. We will see how things progress over the next week.

TrevorK
Senior Poster

Post by TrevorK »

Sorry I'm a bit late to the discussion. The air conditioning never worked while I had the car and I made no attempt to fix it. As far as I know, everything was there but I doubt the seals are compatible with current refrigerants. The condenser are susceptible to corrosion to the extent at which they leak.

While I had the car I fitted new front discs and new, stainless rear silencers. I fitted a new fuel tank breathed pipe which got rid of the fuel smell in the boot. I had the left hand door handle repaired.

It looks like Matt has made a good car better.
What car is that?

Gompo
Verified Poster

Post by Gompo »

Thanks for that Trevor. I did have a more detailed look at your posting history this afternoon..

It certainly sounds like a decent example; with the current keeper continuing with its progression as you say. Were it more local I'd be going tomorrow; unfortunately my weekends are quite precious as I work long hours in the week so it's difficult just to drop things for a random car purchase. I've discussed with Matt that if it's still for sale and nothing else more suitable has come up that I will go down next weekend for a proper look.

Thanks for all the replies, apologies for barging in on a couple of these threads, I'm not usually so enthused or outspoken!

TrevorK
Senior Poster

Post by TrevorK »

Well it looks like it didn't sell as it's back on EBay. Unfortunately the clutch now needs replacing but the price has dropped accordingly.
[url]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285588556016 ... Bla4Rp[url]
What car is that?