eBay: Lotus Excel Eclat Silver 1985 2 Door Saloon Barn Find - Needs Recommissioning

Eclat or Excel parts for sale.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Gray14
Junior Poster
Model: Eclat 2.2
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1981

eBay: Lotus Excel Eclat Silver 1985 2 Door Saloon Barn Find - Needs Recommissioning

Post by Gray14 »

On the Wirral, 1985 Lotus Excel Eclat in Silver with Red interior. Start price £2,800

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224792043455 ... nl%3Dmkcid

DavidOliver
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1985

Re: eBay: Lotus Excel Eclat Silver 1985 2 Door Saloon Barn Find - Needs Recommissioning

Post by DavidOliver »

My 85 Excel had the registration C284 RSC and chassis number ending in 11937, so this one is 22 cars distant.
A pity they cannot open the bonnet, nor show pics of the suspension units.

If a Forum member is interested I can give a long description of what I have needed to do to mine to bring it up to scratch. 6.000 pounds later without a repaint and in that no labour charges.

Dave the cog.

MalcolmH
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso
Year: 1988

Re: eBay: Lotus Excel Eclat Silver 1985 2 Door Saloon Barn Find - Needs Recommissioning

Post by MalcolmH »

Echo that.

Strange to think that, not many years ago, £2800 would have bought a very respectable fully running car.
"I never let progress get in the way of my reluctance to change"

igg-hiss
Senior Poster

Post by igg-hiss »

Tempting just to get hold of a Victor Wilson Keyring. They must have liked silver as mine is from the same dealer.
The Lotus Eclat, a lot like the English Whisky company: comes from Norfolk and better than you are often told it is.

DavidOliver
Senior Poster

Post by DavidOliver »

May I ask who is Victor Wilson. I recently changed my Victor Wilson keyfob for a Lotus one, almost threw it out as I do not know who he is.

Dave the cog.

igg-hiss
Senior Poster

Post by igg-hiss »

No don’t throw it away!

Victor Wilson were the Musselburgh (Edinburgh) dealer it was transferred into Murray in the centre of Edinburgh which was a part of the same John Martin Group.

Like the eBay car C287RSC My car had a S in the area identifier, car my was D878COS before receiving various private plates RS was the DVLA office in Edinburgh and OS the DVLA number identifier in Glasgow. My car was first the dealer demo for Musselburgh then at Murray Edinburgh. My car may have had her paperwork processed in Wigtownshire as STV used a silver car with grey tweed in Taggart on a made up reg number.

John Martin are still in Musselburgh representing Suzuki under the Belmont Brand, but no longer use the Victor Wilson brand possibly due to Richard Wilson playing Victor Meldrew in one foot in the grave starting in 1990? However I’m only guessing?
The Lotus Eclat, a lot like the English Whisky company: comes from Norfolk and better than you are often told it is.

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Post by bash »

I dont believe that.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

bash wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 00:00
I dont believe that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete

igg-hiss
Senior Poster

Post by igg-hiss »

You come back after a long time and this is the treatment you get!

bash
Senior Poster

Post by bash »

I hope you are joking like I was, nice to hear from you.
Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Lotus-e-Clan
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE - EWP/Waterless!
Colour: Not Blue or Green
Year: 1989

Post by Lotus-e-Clan »

bash wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 09:05
I hope you are joking like I was, nice to hear from you.
Bash
Maybe Bash you should have written the more commonly known expression of Victor's "I don't believe IT!" (rather than" that"). Hopefully he's just playing with you! :)
Peter K

bash
Senior Poster

Post by bash »

Im sure he is or I will resign from the victor meldrew appreciation society (again).
Bash

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

I got it - but I am Victor Meldrew these days! :lol:

Pete

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White

Post by Hawaiis0 »

I dont believe it!!!
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

DavidOliver
Senior Poster

Post by DavidOliver »

I only asked who Victor Wilson is (was).
Now I still do not know WHO he is (was) and now am prompted to ask who are John Martin and Victor Meldrew.
However as I have not lived in UK for more than 50 years I probably would not understand the replies.

So I will keep my Victor Wilson keyfob until it becomes worth a fortune.

Quite a hornets nest!

Dave the cog.