Moderator: Board Moderators

TrevorK
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE (Now gone)
Colour: White
Year: 1988

Selling my SE

Post by TrevorK »

A combination of losing my garage and not getting enough opportunities to use my car have led to me deciding to sell. I don't want it to deteriorate, sat in the street.

The car is white with full leather trim. Paintwork is OK with some chips on the front and the edges of the doors and a little laquer peel on the roof. One corner of the windscreen has started to delaminate but is doesn't intrude into the line of sight. The interior is good with no headlining droop and the leather is in good condition. The car goes well and had new front discs earlier this year. It also had new, stainless under-axle pipes and was MOT'd in July, passing with no advisories. It will have a new cam belt this month.

I have some history from the 90's and the previous owner but not a full history. The handbook and jack are present. I think it might be the original spare although the tyre doesn't appear to be in bad condition.

Engine and gearbox perform well and the car is reliable, although I have disconnected the rev limiter to prevent cutting when the engine is cold. Air conditioning is fitted but doesn't work. I haven't investigated why.

More pictures and information available on request.

Thanks for looking.
What car is that?

TrevorK
Senior Poster

Re: Selling my SE

Post by TrevorK »

Now sold. New owner is picking up the car tomorrow.
What car is that?

Excel SA
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Year: 1987

Post by Excel SA »

Commiserations and/or congratulations on selling Trevor! Hope it's gone to a good home.

Neil.

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

Post by rbgosling »

Hope you told them to subscribe to this forum, and we can look forward to welcoming them here soon!
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

I must have missed this - so sorry to see you go Trevor :cry: you are a great bloke, a great asset to the club and very knowledgeable. I hope you find your way back and please stay in touch. Your (old) car looks fabulous and I echo Richard’s comments about the new owner.

Cheers, Richard

TrevorK
Senior Poster

Post by TrevorK »

rbgosling wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 07:48
Hope you told them to subscribe to this forum, and we can look forward to welcoming them here soon!
He said he's been checking out the forums for background information so could well become an active member.
What car is that?