Excel at auction 30/10

Eclat or Excel parts for sale.

Moderator: Board Moderators

vansman66
Verified Poster

Excel at auction 30/10

Post by vansman66 »

SWVA, my local car auction has another Excel going through, I viewed and bid on the last one they had, which went on to make over 8K + buyers fees.
Link below
https://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/lotus-excel-1989/

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Re: Excel at auction 30/10

Post by MetBlue »

Looks a good tidy car with pretty decent history.
Seen a lot worse !!!
Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

TrevorK
Regular Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: White
Year: 1988

Post by TrevorK »

Looks very tidy, indeed!

HC180
Regular Poster
Model: Excel
Year: 1991

Post by HC180 »

vansman66
Verified Poster

Post by vansman66 »

Just an update, went to view this Excel at SWVA Poole so thought I would post my view.
Its a pretty decent car underneath and the inside is equally tidy, headling sagging at the rear, wood on dash needs sorting out and a general good clean and tidy inside.
The worst thing on the car, is the paint job, its clearly in the not too distant past had a respray, a few areas are showing signs of shrinkage in repaired areas and there are many places where overspray or a lack of flowing out the paint are evident, the car will need flatting back with fine grades of wet n dry, then a machine polish which hopefully wont go through the paint resulting in a respray needed. Its was quite difficult to gauge condition on a lot of the car due to be parked in a storage shed/building with very poor lighting and cars close together so the items Ive pointed out are my opinion only. I was hoping it was going to be a little better to be honest and certainly not worth the estimate but then again the last one they had made 8100 so I could just be right off on my estimates and views on condition vs price.