thanks Mark.

majcd213
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Grey
Year: 1983

Re: NOS excel parts

Post by majcd213 »

Hi interested in the bumper... Presumably the GRP form rather than rubber form? Is it painted pls?
Thnx
Mike
When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, no matter how impropable, must be hit with a hammer

majcd213
Senior Poster

Post by majcd213 »

Hi Again- do you know the part no please? Also the year and model it was bought for?
Ta
MIke
When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, no matter how impropable, must be hit with a hammer

Markm
Verified Poster

Post by Markm »

majcd213 wrote:Hi Again- do you know the part no please? Also the year and model it was bought for?
Ta
MIke

Hi Mike it's the heavy duty mounded plastic, unpainted as it's never been on a car. Part number is B089B2448F

Mark

majcd213
Senior Poster

Post by majcd213 »

Hi Mark, I can't find that number but is it possible its A089B2448K? I have an 84 originally with a rubber bumper, so I will need to check with the body shop tomorrow, but if it will fit I will have it please. What part of the country are you in for collecting?
Cheers
Mike

Markm
Verified Poster

Post by Markm »

majcd213 wrote:Hi Mark, I can't find that number but is it possible its A089B2448K? I have an 84 originally with a rubber bumper, so I will need to check with the body shop tomorrow, but if it will fit I will have it please. What part of the country are you in for collecting?
Cheers
Mike
Hi Mike, might well be the label on it has the number I gave. It's the ne with he separate skir, so later model 89 onwards I think.

I am in Kent but can have it couriered if distance is the issue, just sent the rear number out and it was £25 to send it.

amarshall
Model: SE
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1990

Post by amarshall »

Markm wrote:
majcd213 wrote:Hi Mark, I can't find that number but is it possible its A089B2448K? I have an 84 originally with a rubber bumper, so I will need to check with the body shop tomorrow, but if it will fit I will have it please. What part of the country are you in for collecting?
Cheers
Mike
Hi Mike, might well be the label on it has the number I gave. It's the ne with he separate skir, so later model 89 onwards I think.

I am in Kent but can have it couriered if distance is the issue, just sent the rear number out and it was £25 to send it.
B089B2448F is the number used in the Parts Sale listings. It doesn't appear in the parts manual, unfortunately.

However - a "B" prefix indicates a revised part which should still fit earlier cars, but may not match their original fittings, and the trailing letter indicates the supplier to Lotus so doesn't really matter. The rest of the number is the really important bit.
https://www.lotusexcel.co.uk/
SORN - just say NO!

majcd213
Senior Poster

Post by majcd213 »

Thanks both. Does it come with the skirt or would I need to get that separately? Do i need the skirt?Trouble is the patts manual doesnt show all the bumpers so I cant tell how it compared to mine.
Thanks
Mike

Markm
Verified Poster

Post by Markm »

majcd213 wrote:Thanks both. Does it come with the skirt or would I need to get that separately? Do i need the skirt?Trouble is the patts manual doesnt show all the bumpers so I cant tell how it compared to mine.
Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike it would need the rubber skirt that us separate on later models. I did have one but it went straight away.

In terms of do you need one, up to you. It's a bit of a scrape detector but it won't stop you running the car.

Mark.

majcd213
Senior Poster

Post by majcd213 »

I see what you mean! The front spoilers seem quite expensive. I will see if I can get the older style first I think... not sure they are available, and although sjs do list one... that doesnt mean they actually have it! we will see, Ill get back to you asap but dont hold it if someone else wants it.
Cheers
Mike

NigelN
Verified Poster

Post by NigelN »

Sorry to be rather late on this trail - but I have an NOS rubber bumper acquired from one of the parts sales some years ago. Part number is B089B2448F

I am based in Herne Bay, Kent and can send some pictures.

For anyone contemplating an accurate restoration of a model using this part this is clearly quite an unusual opportunity. £100 collected from Kent secures.

Nigel Newton

shaunw
Senior Poster
Model: Esprit GT3
Colour: CALYPSO

Post by shaunw »

Hi Mark,

post 89 bumpers effectively use two parts that are joined together to make a complete bumper and spoiler, with a further rubber skirt fitted to the spoiler, are you selling the complete bumper and spoiler assembly or just the top part of it?

Regards Shaun

NigelN
Verified Poster

Post by NigelN »

Hi Shaun

Sorry for the slow response

I think that the part that I have is for an older car circa 1984 so the original Toyota based Excel - one of the previous posts in this trail referred to the rubber bumper which is how I picked up the trail

If anyone is interested I can send some photos of it - It looks to be a complete bumper in a single rubber moulding but it may be that there were some other bits of trim on it originally

Nigel