Moderator: Board Moderators

johnnybegood224
Verified Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Steel Blue
Year: 1988

Steel Blue 1988 Excel SE for Sale £7500

Post by johnnybegood224 »

I am selling my lotus, Interior and paintwork is very good, great plate E626 MYL (My Lotus :) Milometer reads 17782, the milometer was replaced in 2003 when reading 30,000, I have some supporting documentation and the MOT/service history does suggest this is genuine.

Running ok, issues are:
1) On rare occasions the engine cooling fans do not cut in
2) Heater is not great, probably needs a back flush
3) Engine could do with a tune
4) No air conditioning as the condensor has been removed, (not replaced during repair (see below))
5) Minor oil leak

The V5 states 'This vehicle has been salvaged because the estimated cost of commercial repair was more than the value of the vehicle'
This was due to an accident in 2010 which occurred when I owned the car the first time. I left the car with the insurance folk and it reappeared in 2015 on Ebay so I bought it back.
The damage was front end, non structural and repair is good, I have some corresponding paperwork eg VIC application.

This is a good solid genuine motor, that starts on the button, the chassis is excellent and all jacking points are sound, it had a dyno test in 2015, Engine Power reading was 164.3hp@103mph
I would recommend a 'C' service as there is no official service history since 1991. The cam belt looks good so i assumed it was changed during the accident repair. I used it infrequently it is currently SORN

I can provide more info and photos on request.......LOTUS IS NOW ADVERTISED ON CARandCLASSIC SITE REF PHOTOS IF INTERESTED, IT IS NOW TAXED SO I WILL BE USING IT IN FINE WEATHER, ALSO ITS mot'D TILL 23RD AUGUST
regards John