Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE (Now gone)
Colour: White
Year: 1988

Anglia Car Auctions Elite

Post by TrevorK »

Looked at this Elite on Thursday.

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic ... otus-elite

Interior was tidy. Blurb said it had an MX5 motor conversion for the headlamps. There were old dampers and brake shoes in the boot.I

The paintwork was not as good as it looks in the photos needing a heavy compounding and polish at least. I would say it was a 20 yard car.

It sold for £5000 plus buyer's premium which, I would say, was a decent buy
What car is that?

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Re: Anglia Car Auctions Elite

Post by MetBlue »

Good to see an old car with an MOT, but only about 2 months before it expires.
Cars only got 1 MOT record since 2005, and it's done only 300 miles since last March, so I'd say £5K was about right as long as it has a good chassis. Could be a bit of a lottery though if not.
Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

MetBlue
Senior Poster

Post by MetBlue »

Just scanned the pics.
Cloth interiors been retrimmed, but not standard and centre console has been reworked to get the radio sitting higher.

AndrewWebber
Regular Poster
Model: Elite S1 503, Plus 2, Europa '
Colour: Gold
Year: 1979

Post by AndrewWebber »

As another 'relatively recent value' reference point I'm happy to share I paid £6k for mine, a long term owner / maintained / running car with a good galvanized chassis, 2 years ago. My main expenditure since has been 5 tyres and refurbed the original wheels, a leather repair section in drivers seat, and (currently underway) diff / drive shafts, rear suspension bushes / bearings so total stands currently at around £8.5k. Principle 'bad' item remaining is the very scruffy vinyl roof.

Andy

MetBlue
Senior Poster

Post by MetBlue »

That's got to be good value Andy.
I see no reason why a well sorted, regularly used Elite shouldn't be at least as much if not higher than an equivalent Excel.
Tony

AndrewWebber
Regular Poster
Model: Elite S1 503, Plus 2, Europa '
Colour: Gold
Year: 1979

Post by AndrewWebber »

I think it was Tony, and I'd say puts the Elite from the auction on here (2 years on) to be about right. There doesn't seem to be many come up that are running and straight away useable. I wasn't really looking for one but the long term owner was keen for me to have it after a chance meeting revealed I'd had my +2 for over 40 years and 'Europa' around 10, he was looking for a long term home for it as in his opinion was getting to old to hang onto it it any longer. He's been delighted I've been using it. He'd sold a Ginetta G15 a couple of years or so previously and was distraught that the buyer moved it on in only a matter of weeks. As a coincidence from photos of the Elite at the NEC I showed him he recognized his Ginetta in the background of one, which cheered him up a little!

TrevorK
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE (Now gone)
Colour: White
Year: 1988

Post by TrevorK »

Looks like this car is back on the market

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?id=15 ... 9809543518

Apparently the sale at the auction fell through which is why it went back on the market so soon after the auction, if you remember, and this seller bought it from the person who put it in the auction.
What car is that?