215/50/ZR15

The round black things at the bottom. Hope this helps with the where to put posts problem.

Moderator: Board Moderators

amarshall
Model: SE
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1990

215/50/ZR15

Post by amarshall »

Just got a reply from Dunlop about SP9000s (asked where I could get some) :

"Unfortunately we have no availability at present. There are no tyres in
Europe & we have an order on our Japanese factory but do not
anticipate any tyres prior August. We only market the SP9000 in this size."

So - they make 'em in Japan, but don't ship 'em over very often - guess I'll have to be very very careful for the next few months - I do not like the look of the Toyos for road use and really don't want to switch sizes....
https://www.lotusexcel.co.uk/
SORN - just say NO!

Steve C
Senior Poster
Year: 0

Re: 215/50/ZR15

Post by Steve C »

amarshall wrote:I do not like the look of the Toyos for road use and really don't want to switch sizes....
Is that the R888(?) road legal slick? With a little imagination, you could pretend that we are on the verge of summer ...

amarshall
Model: SE
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1990

Re: 215/50/ZR15

Post by amarshall »

Steve C wrote: Is that the R888(?) road legal slick? With a little imagination, you could pretend that we are on the verge of summer ...
:lol: - but I have 2000+ miles to do in a couple of weeks, down through France and back - I'd prefer something with a bit of tread in case we detour through the Alps (it *looks* shorter on the map! :oops: )
https://www.lotusexcel.co.uk/
SORN - just say NO!

Peter
Senior Poster

Post by Peter »

have a word with miles at fibreglass services, he managed to get hold of 2 bridgstone so1's for me even though they stopped making them 6 years ago! his numbers 01243 554 422

CapnBob

Post by CapnBob »

The R888 are a great track tyre, but not really suitable for road use. Like most semi-slick tyres they are dangerous iin the wet.
The RA1 is suitable as a road tyre when at full tread height. However, it will wear quickly. At half height, they are best for dry or damp surfaces.

Corey
Verified Poster

Post by Corey »

215/50-15 Bridgestones in stock at quattroCorner, call Pete on 01214760034 and tell him Corey sent you.

Steve C
Senior Poster

Post by Steve C »

peterweston wrote: Where are you getting the wheels from. Did you have any problems with finding any with the correct offsets? How are 17's going to affect the suspension balance?
I bought them from "camyug" (guy), they were on his Excel when he bought it but he's going for something larger to cope with 400bhp!

They're Compomotive (www.compomotive.co.uk)

http://www.lotusexcel.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=228

The photo on my web-space seems to have suffered a head crash ... but the pic still shows the wheels on guys car! I'll upload the photo later.

Since we have pretty high side-walls on the 215/50's and pretty compliant suspension, I'm expecting the balance to be ok ... I'll probably bolt them on after getting the tracking set at the weekend and report back.

NickC
Senior Poster

Post by NickC »

Anyone interested in getting a batch of 17" wheels produced for the Excel?

IIRC I mentioned this on the other forum just before it went down. Can't remember what response I got though.

r08813
Junior Poster

Post by r08813 »

Do you mean some 17" wheels that fit the studs, or a particular design.

It may be nice to stick to one of the the traditional designs (or near enough) but actually larger.

What do you recon they will cost?
1987 SE Arctic Blue - Now back on the road!!