Hub Centric Rings for Konig Rewinds

The round black things at the bottom. Hope this helps with the where to put posts problem.

Moderator: Board Moderators

rogbmw
Junior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: White
Year: 1987

Hub Centric Rings for Konig Rewinds

Post by rogbmw »

Do Konig Rewind wheels, specifically the 16 inch, need hub centric rings? Here in the US OEM standard size tires are almost non-existent, and thinking about upgrading to 16 inch wheels. For example, there are only 4 Pirelli P700's in the US, and price is $329 each plus $120 shipping!!! I can get Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tires in 215/45R16, which is the correct size for 1+ applications for the OEM original 215/50R15 size.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Re: Hub Centric Rings for Konig Rewinds

Post by Pete Boole »

I see in one of their adverts that they supply centring rings - so presumably they only come in one bore size. They look like Minilite copies. Can you not get some with the correct bore?

Pete

rogbmw
Junior Poster

Post by rogbmw »

Pete Boole wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 20:28
I see in one of their adverts that they supply centring rings - so presumably they only come in one bore size. They look like Minilite copies. Can you not get some with the correct bore?

Pete
Thanks Pete. I have noticed a few others on here with 16 in Konig Rewinds. Trying to find ANYTHING here in the US that even mentions the Lotus Excel, and you are just out of luck. What size is the center bore on the Excel?

JB455
Junior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1985

Post by JB455 »

FWIW, I run a 225/50/15 Kumho Ecsta AST on the stock wheels on my Excel. Fills up the wheel wells without any rubbing. They performed a LOT better than I expected on the autocross track and the big track at Lime Rock. Even better, they're on Amazon for $85 a piece with free delivery!

rogbmw
Junior Poster

Post by rogbmw »

JB455 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 22:44
FWIW, I run a 225/50/15 Kumho Ecsta AST on the stock wheels on my Excel. Fills up the wheel wells without any rubbing. They performed a LOT better than I expected on the autocross track and the big track at Lime Rock. Even better, they're on Amazon for $85 a piece with free delivery!
Thanks for the tip. I ended up ordering a set of these instead of going to 16 inch wheels. Thanks Again!