New rear brake pads - bedding in period?

The round black things at the bottom. Hope this helps with the where to put posts problem.

Moderator: Board Moderators

sharrar
Regular Poster

Re: New rear brake pads - bedding in period?

Post by sharrar »

Thanks Dave,

Yes the NCT does measure handbrake effectiveness, coincidentally on my first test this was the main failure (only by a small margin though - above 50% was a fail and mine got a 55%)

So I ordered new shoes too and that part passed ok today, so I think the handbrake should be ok.

I know what you mean though - I'm not comfortable having one wheel so much hotter. I'm thinking really after shoes, pads and rotors I may just complete the set and do the callipers. If you didn't mind could you post the link for the calipers you purchased from Brake International?

Thanks

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

If you want to keep your original calipers these guys will refurbish them for you - http://biggred.co.uk/

RED BARON
Regular Poster

Post by RED BARON »

I had all four of mine refurbed at SJ Sports at a couple of months intervals per pair, they came back like new they only took about two weeks for each pair,
they cost me about £75 each all in.

They will supply refurbed replacements if you can't wait but I wanted mine back so that I knew they would fit.

Anyway I did have other things to get on with while I waited.

Ian.

DavidOliver
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1985

Post by DavidOliver »

Sharrar. I bought two new front calipers EPB from Brakes International (www.brakesint.co.uk) in May 2017.
Each cost 55.33 pounds with discount and before VAT. Delivery to Spain was 15 pounds.

Dave the cog.

sharrar
Regular Poster

Post by sharrar »

Thanks again everyone - that's the thing I love about this forum - loads of good advice and some great options to choose from!