Power steering low pressure hose

The round black things at the bottom. Hope this helps with the where to put posts problem.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Power steering low pressure hose

Post by Alan_M »

Had a narrow escape. :shock: Checking for source of an oil leak I spotted this. It had been rubbing against the cam sprocket. It seems the clips that should have been holding away from the cam sprocket were missing. A previous owner/garage had just tie wrapped it, but obviously not very well.

It is marked aeroquip and has a metal ring with original Lotus part number - is this a standard aeroquip hose that I might be able to purchase locally?
Also has anyone sourced replacement clips - they all appear to be the same for the heater hose and all are broken on mine.

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Re: Power steering low pressure hose

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Take it off and get a local hydraulics outfit to duplicate.
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration x2
Colour: Gold,blue and green
Year: 1987

Post by AndyC »

I agree, but perhaps just get them to put a swivel joint in the existing pipe. They'll probably be best to fit a swivel if they make a replacement, rather than try and get the alignment spot on, so might as well just do it to this one.

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

Thanks for replies. This hose has no fittings, just push fit with jubilee clips on both ends. So nothing needs to be made. I just need to get a length of the correct type of hose with correct internal diameter. There are some numbers printed on the hose, just too faded to read.
I have found a Pirtek not that far from me, so will see if they stock the same type of hose.

shaunw
Senior Poster
Model: Esprit GT3
Colour: CALYPSO

Post by shaunw »

Alan_M wrote:Thanks for replies. This hose has no fittings, just push fit with jubilee clips on both ends. So nothing needs to be made. I just need to get a length of the correct type of hose with correct internal diameter. There are some numbers printed on the hose, just too faded to read.
I have found a Pirtek not that far from me, so will see if they stock the same type of hose.
The hose you require is available from SJ Sportscars at reasonable cost and is a genuine Lotus part.