LEDA Suspension Adjustment

The round black things at the bottom. Hope this helps with the where to put posts problem.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Gracie
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SA
Colour: Green
Year: 1987

LEDA Suspension Adjustment

Post by Gracie »

I must be getting old or maybe it was just the roads in Derbyshire! The Lotus in the Peak (excellent) run last weekend highlighted how hard my suspension is and as ned my my fellow drivers how low my Excel sits at the rear. So having never really looked at eh suspension and having thought I had AVOs on, I discover I don't I have LEDA adjustable suspension - a few calls later I now know that it can be wound up and down an that there are 24 hardness/softness settings.

My initial plan is 'one thing at a time' and I'll start with softness/hardness settings - does anyone have any experience with these to help me find that comfort/handling balance, the car is a road use car only?

My other option is to wind in the units to the hardest setting to discover the start point and then wingback testing at a point beyond 3 - 4 clicks beyond the start point. Not overly scientific, but any thoughts appreciated

Graham

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Re: LEDA Suspension Adjustment

Post by Hawaiis0 »

You nailed it. Trial and error until you are happy.
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

amarshall
Model: SE
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1990

Post by amarshall »

Advice I received in the past, and have used since then, is to start with the settings about half way and then go harder or softer by one or two clicks at a time.

Going full hard or soft pretty much guarantees you'll be far from right.
https://www.lotusexcel.co.uk/
SORN - just say NO!

gazdowning
Verified Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Grey
Year: 1989

Post by gazdowning »

Hi Graham, start with your ride height. This is set so that you can corner weight the vehicle correctly. You can set the rake (front to back) based on weight but also stance (appearance).
Once that is done, start your suspension on soft and gradually stiffen it until it becomes to hard. As a rough idea you will probably end up with the front harder than the rear.
Regards Gaz.