Carpets, reliable supplier needed!

Body parts, seats, dash, headlining, windows and stuff!

Moderator: Board Moderators

Zaphod
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Blue
Year: 1990

Carpets, reliable supplier needed!

Post by Zaphod »

I have had a set of carpets on order from a well known supplier of Lotus parts down south for some time now. But when I chase them up I am getting a blank on their arrival t8me (ordered and paid for some eleven weeks ago now). While I accept there will be a lead time it’s now getting silly and initially was not holding the car up, but as I amd now at the stage of wanting to put the dash back in its really holding things up, so are there any suppliers with a short reliable (or even long reliable!) lead time on carpet sets?
Of all the things I have lost I think I miss my mind the most...

1952 MG TD
1957 MGA 1500
1959 Austin Healey Sprite
1975 MG Midget 1500
1990 Lotus Excel

John
Regular Poster

Re: Carpets, reliable supplier needed!

Post by John »

I got a set last year direct from Coverdale, website carcarpets.co.uk

I haven't got round to fitting them yet so don't know how easy that job will be, but quality looks OK and they delivered 3 weeks after I placed my order.

Cheers John

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

If using Coverdale check my thread and make sure if they are for an Excel they’ve sent them to the correct specification.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10837

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration x2
Colour: Gold,blue and green
Year: 1987

Post by AndyC »

I have a set that came with a car and believe they are Coverdale, they match the shapes I've come to expect, and for the treasons that Alan has shown, I plan to get a set from a person who makes carpets for Esprits but as yet doesn't have a set of Excel to make the patterns from (I will have to remove mine and send to him).

Zaphod
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Blue
Year: 1990

Post by Zaphod »

My carpets finally arrived, they are mostly fitted now and I am looking at the rear parcel shelf wondering if it will come out for the new to go in.. But I have what may be a silly question.. what size are the self tapping screws that hold the interior together? My car arrived with most of the interior in place but none of it was screwed together, some of the screws were in a tin, but very few of them and they are all rusty.. and I need them for the doors, seats and dash (which seem to be smaller?) I may be able to drive it soon if I can get it all together.
Of all the things I have lost I think I miss my mind the most...

1952 MG TD
1957 MGA 1500
1959 Austin Healey Sprite
1975 MG Midget 1500
1990 Lotus Excel