Lotus Elite Speakers

Body parts, seats, dash, headlining, windows and stuff!

Moderator: Board Moderators

theelanman
Regular Poster
Model: Elite, Evora, Elan, M100
Colour: Lagoon Blue

Lotus Elite Speakers

Post by theelanman »

ok guys what was the original set up in the car for the stereo??????
the car is off to paint and then to trimmers.........so what was original????.....might as well get it right while the panels and cards are out and getting trimmed.........

Im presuming that all the ones I have are after market but I dont know
I do however have two interiors and the positions are the same........ones in the front are in the door card at the front between the seat base and the bottom of the 'a' post....the ones in the rear are in the cubby hole by your elbow in the rear quarter panels........
also round or square speakers.......I have both......

then it comes to head unit.........I have a period 70's motorola radio but god knows if it works......
but whats moderns but looks the part??.....

any help greatly appreciated
thanks
Gareth

richardw
Senior Poster
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Re: Lotus Elite Speakers

Post by richardw »

Hi Gareth,

I have what I believe to be the original speakers in my car. The speakers themselves are round (5" I think) and have rounded square trim plates with a circular speaker grille. All 4 are the same, in the positions you describe.

I have fitted a Pure Highway DAB CD/radio unit which I think looks OK. You can select the lighting to be the colour of your choice, and the aerial is one of those things you stick on the inside of a window, but I've mounted it on the back of the rear panel near the fuel fuller. As it's fibregalass it works fine.

Cheers, Richard

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1982

Re: Lotus Elite Speakers

Post by Pete Boole »

richardw wrote:I have fitted a Pure Highway DAB CD/radio unit which I think looks OK. You can select the lighting to be the colour of your choice, and the aerial is one of those things you stick on the inside of a window, but I've mounted it on the back of the rear panel near the fuel fuller. As it's fibreglass it works fine.

Cheers, Richard
I never thought of that Richard - brilliant!

Pete