NEC Classic Motor Show 2023 Friday 10 - Sunday 12 November 2023

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Lotus520
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Blue
Year: 1990

Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 2023 Friday 10 - Sunday 12 November 2023

Post by Lotus520 »

We got our family ticket tonight, looking forward to meeting you and seeing the stand

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Brilliant - thank you and look forward to seeing you there!

richardw

Post by richardw »

I’d like to say a big Thank You to those who have bought tickets using our code for the show - certainly we haven’t seen this level of sales since I’ve been involved.

I know some people are finding it too expensive - particularly for a family day out - so if there are any amongst you for which this is the case maybe you could let me know in confidence and I’ll report them as ‘lost sales’ to the organisers.

Cheers, Richard

richardw

Post by richardw »

Only 3 weeks to go until the NEC Classic Car Show!

We have three very interesting cars on display - a very original low mileage Elite 503, an Immaculate Esprit Turbo, and Marcus Horrell’s amazing Excel based creation with V8 power and Uracco-esque styling.

We will also be selling the 2024 calendars - price held this year at last year’s price of £17.50 each. I’d like to say a big “Thank You” to Phil Tanser for producing this year’s calendar, and to everyone who contributed pictures.

Are you coming to the show? If so get your tickets now using our discount code available to register members of the forum - find it at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12916

Cheers, Richard

richardw

Post by richardw »

Less than 2 weeks to go and we’ll be back at the NEC…

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

We'll have a paper copy of the register I've been compiling on the stand, certainly from Saturday, and hopefully it will be there on Friday. Covers all Elites, Eclats and Excels.
Over 750 cars listed, generally ordered by date of registration. Drop by and see if your cars on the list and if it is, where it stands in the order of oldest, newest etc of your model type ( i.e if you car is C990XVF, it's the earliest MY 86 I know of).
- And if it's not, leave some details so it can get added. :D

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

MetBlue wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:04
We'll have a paper copy of the register I've been compiling on the stand, certainly from Saturday, and hopefully it will be there on Friday. Covers all Elites, Eclats and Excels.
Over 750 cars listed, generally ordered by date of registration. Drop by and see if your cars on the list and if it is, where it stands in the order of oldest, newest etc of your model type ( i.e if you car is C990XVF, it's the earliest MY 86 I know of).
- And if it's not, leave some details so it can get added. :D

Tony
Hi Tony, I’m there Friday. If you want to email it to me I’m happy to print it out and take. Also will probably have my iPad there, so could have it on there as well.

Will49
Junior Poster

Post by Will49 »

Booked fot Saturday and used the code ....havnt been to this since 2019 so very much looking forward to going to the Lotus stand.

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Got man flu. Need to shift it for the weekend.

Willing to swap it for the lesser woman's flu!
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

Tanz
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1988

Post by Tanz »

Look forward to seeing you all over the weekend. I am on the Club Lotus stand next door but please come over and say hello.
We have an Elise, Exige, Elan, Europa. Eclat and Esprit V8 on display.
Cheers, Phil
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

See you Saturday Phil!

Pete

TonyL
Junior Poster
Model: Excel/Elite project
Colour: Red/Red (for now)

Post by TonyL »

I'm looking forward to hearing about the show & seeing some pictures.

I've been horribly busy recently so I didn't get myself a ticket. I hope to make it to next year's show.

richardw

Post by richardw »

Well I’ve just got time to pen a few words after being at work yesterday.

The show might have disappointed lotusexcel.net purists. We didn’t have many cars offered for the show, and of course we can only show what is offered, but we ended up with lovely cars - Marcus’ beautifully crafted Excel recreation that is now fully finished, and Christian Silk’s stunning black and gold Esprit turbo. Roddy’s very original and low mileage Elite didn’t make it as the towing vehicle broke down on Thursday night just 20 miles from the show. It was only a 3 car stand in any case, and we rearranged things successfully - it looked planned! The two cars shown did sprinkle a lot of magic and were extremely popular with visitors.

We also had some very industrious and generous helpers - Matt Oxley brought along carpet for the stand (obtained free from previous shows) and thanks to the great work of Christian, his friend James and Matt, we managed to cut and lay the carpet which looked very professional. Thank you guys! Thanks also to everyone who helped clear up on Sunday night - Matt, Roddy, John Cornish, Mike Foster, Marcus, Christian and Farmer Richard.

Thanks also to Alan McKenzie, Tony Dakin, Roddy Michael and Farmer Richard for helping on the stand - sorry Stu couldn’t get there due to man flu! It was also lovely to see Sara Helmer at the show on Friday.

Calendar sales went well - thanks to everyone who bought one - and I will be fulfilling the pre show orders later this week - slight complication is that I mistakenly left them behind on Sunday night and so they are currently at Farmer Richard’s. Thanks again to Phil Tanser for producing these.

I will post some pictures later when I have a bit more time, but in preparation for the Restoration show, we saw the owner of the prototype Elite Coupe (which became the Eclat) at the show, and Farmer Richard is hoping to have that on the stand at the restoration show - appropriate as next year is Elite 50!

Lastly, a big thank you to everyone who visited and to those who bought a calendar. This is obviously important for club funds. We will be producing some merchandise for the 50th celebrations next year, and I need to add an Esprit profile to the existing club logo so we can move ahead with this.

And finally, thank you to everyone I’ve forgotten to mention!

Till later

Richard

Tanz
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1988

Post by Tanz »

I took a few pictures on Sunday morning before the doors opened. Pete - sorry we didn't cross paths somehow - see you at LITP
On the Club Lotus stand we had the best year ever from a signing up new members point of view. Over 70,000 came through the doors which is back up to 2018 levels - pre Covid.
Cheers, Phil
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!

richardw

Post by richardw »

Thanks Phil - here are a few specifically of our stand

Cheers Richard