NEC Restoration Show - 24-26 March 2023

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

NEC Restoration Show - 24-26 March 2023

Post by rbgosling »

FYI - the code for discounted tickets has been moved here, just to ensure that it can only be accessed by signed-up members (don't want to invite the ire of the organisers for waving the discount code to all and sundry!)

This thread can therefore become the main discussion thread for the show from now on.

Just to repeat the information so far...

NEC Resto Show Update!

OK, looks like things are coming together for the Resto Show in March.

The plan for the stand is:
  • My Excel SE - main project will be to remove the dash so I can access the heater distribution box, and fix the broken control I talked about here. While I'm in there the interior light switches activated by the doors aren't working (drivers side permanently on, passenger side permanently off), the heater fan squeals, and most of my dash gauges read incorrectly, so a few things to play with.
  • Matt Oxley will be bringing his red Esprit Series 1, with plans to change the drive shafts - first tangible fruits of our new welcome to Esprits in our group.
  • We might have an Elite engine going through the stages of strip down / rebuild - to be confirmed.
I'll be asking for volunteers to help man the stand closer to the time, for a start I don't know yet how many wristbands we'll get (but we get extras if more people buy tickets using our unique code, in the previous post!).
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

Re: NEC Restoration Show - 24-26 March 2023

Post by rbgosling »

A News Item has been added to the NEC Resto Show website, about our welcome of the Esprit to the LGT fold. Hopefully this will attract a bit of interest!

https://www.necrestorationshow.com/exhibitor-news
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Re: NEC Restoration Show - 24-26 March 2023

Post by MetBlue »

Nice one Richard.
Top Billing to boot :D
What goes together.... Must come apart.