Castle Donington or Castle Combe?

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Castle Donington or Castle Combe?

Post by richardw »

I have just seen that the Club Lotus Track Day at Castle Combe is scheduled much earlier this year (30 April), and unfortunately it clashes with the Donington Historic Festival (30 April - 1 May). As we were planning to be at both events, this is a real shame.

Could I ask for views on which we should attend? Despite having a ticket carried over from last year for Donington, my personal preference is Castle Combe, but members should decide.

Perhaps if we decide on Castle Combe, those wishing to could go up to Castle Donington for the second day.

If someone is happy to act as coordinator for our presence at Castle Donington, them we could do both.

My only reservation about the timing of these events is weather - the last couple of times we’ve been to Castle Donington, it has been quite chilly and sometimes damp.

Given the absence of any fixed event in the summer months, maybe we could schedule the Winterbottom Run for May/June.

Anyway, let’s have some feedback then we’ll decide what to do.

Cheers, Richard

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Re: Castle Donington or Castle Combe?

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Obvious to me is to try and make both available so CC first then CD second.
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

I think it would be good to do both if we could. - Castle Combe is a long way south for our ecky thump contingent.
I'm favouring Castle Combe personally at the moment, but not planning on tracking this year, so could change allegiance. - Or even push the boat out and do both. Might well be a last minute decision once this thread develops.

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Looks like we’ll do both. Those attending the Club Lotus Track Day may come to Castle Donington on Sunday 1 May.

Look for separate topics for these events.

Cheers, Richard