** SAVE THE DATE - Lotus in the Peak 2022 - 10th Anniversary **

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Re: ** SAVE THE DATE - Lotus in the Peak 2022 - 10th Anniversary **

Post by bash »

When it gets nearer the time perhaps getting together for a meal might be nice.
Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

bash wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:05
When it gets nearer the time perhaps getting together for a meal might be nice.
Bash
I'm up for that - long way for some though!

Pete

Phil S1
Junior Poster

Post by Phil S1 »

Tanz wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 19:22
Phil S1 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 16:15
Tanz wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 17:56

Elite here from 2014 or do you mean a Type 14?
Forgive my ignorance but surely that's an Eclat isn't it? We've certainly had a type 14 Elite at LitP before but I don't recall ever seeing a type 75...
Sorry. my mistake - hadn't spotted the boot lid sticking up :oops:

This one is Kedleston Hall 2017

Well there's no denying that one Phil, I stand corrected :D

Phil S1
Junior Poster

Post by Phil S1 »

For all those looking for accommodation please note we have a new base for 2022 at Oak Hill in Cromford. Further details below...

Making a weekend of it is the ultimate way to enjoy your Lotus in the stunning scenery of the Peak District. With this in mind, the team are pleased to announce another great new venue for next year's 10th Anniversary Lotus in the Peak, taking place from Friday 8th - Sunday 10th July 2022.

Oakhill, a stunning Georgian Hotel in historic Cromford, have agreed to host our traditional and very enjoyable Friday night BBQ, as well as providing accommodation options for the weekend. They have 10 spacious Kingsize or Double rooms and 4 luxurious suites, and all the rooms are currently being refurbished in readiness for the finest Lotus event of 2022 ! Camping is also available on site, including electric options.

Further information can be found on the Oakhill website, www.oakhillcromford.co.uk. Please note that bookings must be made by telephone, stating that the reservation is for the Lotus in the Peak event.

Prices may increase next year, but Oakhill have agreed to honour current prices if we book now. Early booking is therefore advised. Alternative accommodation is also available in Cromford, Matlock Bath and Wirksworth.

Please stay tuned and follow us for further news and updates for what promises to be the very best Lotus in the Peak event yet 😀

Jason.goad
Senior Poster
Model: excel
Colour: red should be black
Year: 1985

Post by Jason.goad »

Tanz wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 17:51
My first was in 2014 - bring back memories Pete?

Pete parked his kit car stopping the people coming to look at mine.
Crumbs 2014 seems along time ago. :?

Tanz
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1988

Post by Tanz »

Jason.goad wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 18:23
Tanz wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 17:51
My first was in 2014 - bring back memories Pete?

Pete parked his kit car stopping the people coming to look at mine.
Crumbs 2014 seems along time ago. :?
Notice big Jim in the picture - ex Excel owner. I have bumped into him a couple of times this year. He has just restored a Jag XK120 he imported from the USA. He also sold me some raffle tickets to win a Jag at the NEC recently - didn't win :(
Cheers, Phil
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

Can't believe how long ago that was! It will be good to get back to Chatsworth though :D.

Pete

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

Pauline and I may have found somewhere for us to stay - went and had lunch there today and plan to spend a night there in the very near future. It's called The Manifold Inn. A traditional English coaching inn. 20 mins from Cromford (near Matlock Bath) and 25 mins from Hassop Station café. 12 rooms. It's a nice pub with some good beer on! Lunch was good! Will report back on the restaurant as soon as. Looks like traditional pub grub :D. Plenty of parking. The guy who showed us round a few rooms said we need to get on the case soon - it will start booking up quickly as soon as Christmas is over!! Two of the rooms are in the inn itself. The rest are in the old converted barns. Dogs are allowed in 3 of the ground floor rooms only.

It wouldn't get into Conde Nast Johansen's guide but looks great for a weekend in the Peaks!

Have a look at their website! http://www.themanifoldinn.co.uk/

P&P

Tanz
Senior Poster

Post by Tanz »

Pete Boole wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 19:51
Pauline and I may have found somewhere for us to stay - went and had lunch there today and plan to spend a night there in the very near future. It's called The Manifold Inn. A traditional English coaching inn. 20 mins from Cromford (near Matlock Bath) and 25 mins from Hassop Station café. 12 rooms. It's a nice pub with some good beer on! Lunch was good! Will report back on the restaurant as soon as. Looks like traditional pub grub :D. Plenty of parking. The guy who showed us round a few rooms said we need to get on the case soon - it will start booking up quickly as soon as Christmas is over!! Two of the rooms are in the inn itself. The rest are in the old converted barns. Dogs are allowed in 3 of the ground floor rooms only.

It wouldn't get into Conde Nast Johansen's guide but looks great for a weekend in the Peaks!

P&P
Lynne and I had Sunday lunch there a couple of months back - very nice - can recommend. :)
Cheers, Phil

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

I’m definitely up for coming to LITP. Would be great if there are others to meet up stay over. I’ve not been before - had planned on going 2 years ago when everything was cancelled. So if any decisions on hotel etc, please let me know and I will book up. Happily consider either just Saturday or both Friday and Saturday if anyone else going for Saturday as well. Reading the MLOC site it seems they may organise a little jaunt out on the Saturday, or they mention a new car museum not far away that could be worth a visit.

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

Tanz wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 18:41

Notice big Jim in the picture - ex Excel owner. I have bumped into him a couple of times this year. He has just restored a Jag XK120 he imported from the USA. He also sold me some raffle tickets to win a Jag at the NEC recently - didn't win :(

And this is what was big Jim’s car as it is today :shock:

Tanz
Senior Poster

Post by Tanz »

I've done LITP as a passenger in that car on the fast run. I wasn't intending to go to LITP but early one Sunday morning there was a knock on the door. I answered it in my dressing gown and there was Jim - 'fancy going to LITP' he says. We got there just as the last run was leaving which was a fast run but Jim easily kept up.
Cheers, Phil

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

As we discussed on our zoom call last Wednesday, we should make an effort to have a club presence there. I had always been confused about LITP - when to go, where to stay etc - but now I understand there is a select group of Grand Tourers who stay over Saturday night, join a LITP run Sunday morning then spend the day at the LITP meet. This is organised independently of the main LITP. So now it’s a bit less confusing, I’m going to put the dates in my diary and plan to stay over. It sounds a good venue.

Anyone else?

Cheers, Richard

shaunw
Senior Poster
Model: Esprit GT3
Colour: CALYPSO

Post by shaunw »

Pete Boole wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 19:51

P&P
This looks great Pete. I get in touch with Jerry and we'll try booking before Christmas?

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

Wanted to get sorted early this time so booked me and Pauline into the Manifold Inn for the Saturday night. We can let them know nearer the time about sitting together (if anyone joins us!!) in the restaurant. Still have full vacancies at the moment but don't leave it too long!

Pete