Shalbourne Classic Car Show Sunday 30th August 2020

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

hodders
Senior Poster
Model: Excel Celebration
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1992

Shalbourne Classic Car Show Sunday 30th August 2020

Post by hodders »

If you are in West Berkshire / Wiltshire or North Hampshire you might be interested in this. Late notice, but it was thought to be cancelled until recently.
Shalbourne is at the edge of Wiltshire / West Berkshire, a few miles S of Hungerford and W of Newbury, N of Andover.
I'll be there with my Celebration, email larryts120@gmail.com if you want to book a place for you & your Lotus.
Face masks are required.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
As lockdown measures are easing and in order to give car and bike owners an opportunity to
give their vehicles a run we have decided to organise what will be our 12th Annual Classic
Car and Bike Show on the Sports Field in Shalbourne on Sunday 30th August and would be
delighted if you or any of your members were able to attend.

The Sports Field has proved to be a very popular venue and the event regularly attracts a
large number of classic cars and visitors. This year we need to control the number of people
attending the Show so exhibitor’s vehicles will be limited to 150 and those planning to attend
need to book in advance using the form attached to this letter. Entry to the Show will only
be available to those who have booked in advance. Once we reach 150 cars and bikes,
regrettably we will not accept further bookings as we need to ensure appropriate social
distancing.

Opening time for the general public is 11am but obviously we would like most of the Show
cars to have arrived before then. Gates are open from 9.00 am for vintage & classics, coffee
and bacon butties will be available from 9.00 am and the show finishes at 4 pm.
The postal address for the Sports Field is Rivar Road, Shalbourne, Wiltshire SN8 3RR.
Shalbourne is 3 miles south of Hungerford just off the A338.

Entry for drivers and passengers in classic cars is free, but we will ask for a donation and all
proceeds go to village charities and maintaining the pavilion on the Sports Field.
In addition to the cars on display there will be a barbecue, beer tent, children’s activities and
other stalls.
We recommend booking early to ensure your reservation and we look forward to seeing you
on the day when we can assure you of a very warm welcome.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
-- hodders

1992 Lotus Excel Celebration, Calypso Red
2021 BMW i3s, Blue Ridge Mountain
2020 Jaguar I-Pace, Eiger Grey