NEC Classic Car & Restoration Show 27-29 March 2020

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

alanmoss
Senior Poster
Model: Celebration
Colour: Marque Lotus Green
Year: 1991

Re: NEC Classic Car & Restoration Show 27-29 March 2020

Post by alanmoss »

richardw wrote:Just had an email - rescheduled for 7-9 August.

Fingers crossed!
Richard, what I said before still applies.
They are planning on the show as it was, so unless someone drops out there will be no opportunity for any clubs not originally on the list.
I don't know whether they have a reserve list.
Alan
Excel Celebration, 1999 Mini Cooper S, Dacia Duster 4x4

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

alanmoss wrote:
richardw wrote:Just had an email - rescheduled for 7-9 August.

Fingers crossed!
Richard, what I said before still applies.
They are planning on the show as it was, so unless someone drops out there will be no opportunity for any clubs not originally on the list.
I don't know whether they have a reserve list.
I know that is the situation Alan. We're still not planning to attend this year; I hope the show goes ahead for the good of the industry, and of course for your excellent fund raising activities with the Sporting Bears.

Richard

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

Post by rbgosling »

The August version of the Restoration Show is now cancelled, and the next show will be 26-28 March 2021 (hopefully!)

The November NEC Classic Show is still on, for the moment.
NEC Resto Show wrote:As a consequence of the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show, with Discovery, will now be postponed to 26-28 March 2021.

Everyone involved in putting the show together is extremely disappointed that the ultimate restoration experience will not be brought to the community this year. However, the health and well-being of our visitors, exhibitors, partners, contractors and staff is of the upmost importance. With the government’s roadmap suggesting that restrictions on movement will still be in place for some time, it is therefore the right decision for us to cease planning for an event of this size and importance in August.

We will now be putting all our efforts into delivering an extra special restoration show in 2021 and a fantastic meeting of the community for our flagship event, the Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, with Discovery, in November. Clarion Events is working with other event organisers, venues and government to develop guidelines on how to deliver the best versions of our events while ensuring the health and safety of all involved. We will update you further on the measures we are putting in place in due course.
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration x2
Colour: Gold,blue and green
Year: 1987

Post by AndyC »

It seems entirely sensible that the Restoration (what was March 2020 then became August 2020) one be canned, as it's not realistic to plan for something on a moving timeline which is known to be subject to legislative chnages.
Although the November one may be theoretical possible, I'd say it is in very real danger of not going ahead also, and even if it did, many of the would-be attendees may choose to avoid.

Lets just hope that 2021 is bit more like old normal than new normal.