LITP 2021

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Re: LITP 2021

Post by MetBlue »

Definitely pre book IMO.
Who knows where Covid and track /trace will be by then.
Presume we are talking about Saturday night for this booking?
I'm on for 2 places, Clare plus me.
Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

Tanz
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1988

Post by Tanz »

Im not seeing much about restaurants or food on their website https://newbathhotelandspa.com/covid-19/

But we did eat there in 2017

Cheers, Phil
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White

Post by Pete Boole »

I'll phone them tomorrow and find out a bit more about eating there. How many of us would there be?

Pete

Tanz
Senior Poster

Post by Tanz »

I reckon 11
Pete Boole
Lynne & Phil
Shaun & Carol
Tony & Clare
Hodders & Della - staying at a different hotel
Kev and Claire

Have I missed anyone? Gerry & Diane
Cheers, Phil

Jason.goad
Senior Poster
Model: excel
Colour: red should be black
Year: 1985

Post by Jason.goad »

Finally booked onto the classic run.
I've just got to change the brake fluid,do an oil change, get 4 tyres fitted, get it MOT'd, get it taxed. simples. :roll:

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

Jason.goad wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 19:30
Finally booked onto the classic run.
I've just got to change the brake fluid,do an oil change, get 4 tyres fitted, get it MOT'd, get it taxed. simples. :roll:
Well that's the morning accounted for - what are you doing in the afternoon? :lol:

Pete

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

OK - I've spoken to the New Bath Hotel - if we all book for dinner via their website, then I'll email them and give all of the names in our party so we can be linked together. Depending on Covid rules at the time we should all be together! Shall we book for 7:00 pm?

When you've booked if you could pm me your full names I'll be able to advise the hotel.

Plan coming together :D

Pete

Tanz
Senior Poster

Post by Tanz »

Well done Pete. 7pm is good for me. I have sent an email to them reserving 2 places.
Cheers, Phil

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

You can book online if you follow the link to "Food & Drink" on the their website. I have just booked in but could only get 6:45 or 7:15. I have booked for 6:45. We'd better get booking quickly if they are running out of tables/slots!

I'll call them again tomorrow to talk about getting served all at the same time.

Pete

PS - you can add a note in the "special request" space - make it clear that you are with me! :D
Last edited by Pete Boole on Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

I've just had an updated table confirmation for 6 people so far at 6:30 pm. Hope it doesn't get any earlier! Looking at the Covid news we may be seated at two tables of six if the lockdown is extended. I'm sure those tables won't be too far apart though! :wink:

Pete

MetBlue
Senior Poster

Post by MetBlue »

Think Pete and myself are posting simultaneously. System seems to have lost a post I was just writing, so here goes again.

Pete. Your update was prompted by my discussion with Kirsty at NBH about 15 minutes ago.
7:00 pm is not showing because they have a party of 9 booked at that time under name of Qualters ( or something that sounds similar). Don't know many surnames yet, but I've assumed this isn't any of use???

Because of the 9 group, they can't (or won't) take any bookings over 6, and any later than 6:30. I've taken the liberty of reserving 2 tables of 6., one at 6:00 under my name (Dakin), the other under Pete's at 6:30.
I'm there on Friday night so happy to take 2 places at 6:00 sit down. Recognised 6 could be quite early for anyone arriving on Saturday.

Kirsty is there until 3:00 today if I need to call he back and make any adjustments - especially if the table of 9 is one of our team being pro active.

Tony

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

Thanks Tony. The guy I spoke to yesterday was a newbie. I don't think the table of 9 can be any of us - but not absolutely certain. Hopefully if the 6:00 o'clock people are slightly late and the 6:30 people are slightly early they will just get on with serving us! :D

At least we now have 12 places booked. We now need to make sure that the people who haven't booked yet associate themselves with those two tables. It's tricky isn't it!? A least we've all managed to get into the hotel - hopefully next year things will be easier to organise in advance. Bloody virus! :lol:

Pete

MetBlue
Senior Poster

Post by MetBlue »

. It's tricky isn't it!?
No.

Dear Kirsty gave me a fright. She asked where I was stopping and when I said NBH she told me she had no booking!!!! After she gave me the good news that they had 3 rooms available 😊, then the bad news that they were suites and £299 per night💷😩💷, she twigged that she was only looking at Saturday arrivals. As a Friday arrival all is good - phew....

Tanz
Senior Poster

Post by Tanz »

Pete Boole wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 21:24
You can book online if you follow the link to "Food & Drink" on the their website. I have just booked in but could only get 6:45 or 7:15. I have booked for 6:45. We'd better get booking quickly if they are running out of tables/slots!

I'll call them again tomorrow to talk about getting served all at the same time.

Pete

PS - you can add a note in the "special request" space - make it clear that you are with me! :D
I sent them and email quoting your name Pete. I didn't see anyway to book in the drop down menu when I hovered over food and drink. Realise now you have to click it. All the tables showing now are early.
Cheers, Phil

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

I think we're OK Phil - Tony has booked 2 x tables of 6. One table at 6:00, one at 6:30. I don't think we need to associate any names to bookings now.

Pete