REALLY CHEESED OFF

If you spot one, shame them into owning up!!
If you are new to the Lotus position introduce yourself here. Please try to keep your the post to your introduction and your initial question/problems to the right formum.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Miamerl
Verified Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: yellow
Year: 1982

REALLY CHEESED OFF

Post by Miamerl »

:cry:
You probably know that I have a yellow Excel. I love her to bits, recently found out that she is the last prototype. She doesnt get out very much, and sits alone in the garden in summer, and alone in a garage in Winter. I though - oh bless she needs a friend. I put a bid in for one of the other yellow Lotus Excels on Ebay today. Didnt reach the reserve, but emailled the guy and offered his car a good home, at a reasonable price in this market. ( i.e more than others are selling for at the moment on Ebay) He sent me a second chance buy it now. Won the flaming car but the numpty who owns it has reneged on the deal and wants an extra thousand pounds which I cannot afford. I did email and mention that he had committed to selling me the car and he answered -" its not going to happen".
Why are people like that allowed to own decent cars?

Simpatico
Senior Poster
Model: Esprit

Re: REALLY CHEESED OFF

Post by Simpatico »

It's a sad fact knobs are indeed allowed to own nice cars. And buying/selling cars on Ebay is a joke. Terrible combination.

So is yours the yellow one from the original promo shots (after the red one with the grey wheels)? Cool if it is, I still remember buying my copy of "Motor" magazine with that in one sunny saturday morning and sitting reading it on my 10-speed racer (well I was only 14).
I am an EX owner; I have ceased to be

Miamerl
Verified Poster

Post by Miamerl »

I dont think it was the original in the advert - in fact I have no idea. Now I am just sitting licking my wounds and dread having to tell her that she isnt going to have a friend and she'll be alone again all winter........

chrisw2811
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1985

Post by chrisw2811 »

You could always meet up with some other Excels. There should be enough other members of the forum for somebody to be reasonably near to you.
'85 Excel SE, '84 FJ1100, '12 Passat TDI Estate, '12 Golf TSi, '04 Picanto, '10 Gary Fisher Wahoo 1964 Raleigh Runabout 1984 Honda XL200 1979 Honda NC50 , '02 Montesa 315R

Well, if I was right all the time I'd get to be predictable!

nigelrobertson
Regular Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Pearlescent White
Year: 1989

Post by nigelrobertson »

nigelrobertson
Regular Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Pearlescent White
Year: 1989

Post by nigelrobertson »

wil
Unverified Poster

Post by wil »

thats the same one thats on ebay

Alpina165
Verified Poster
Model: Eclat Excel
Colour: Yellow

Post by Alpina165 »

The one from Pistonheads had better not be on Ebay as it's mine!

peter319
Junior Poster

Post by peter319 »

Hey Miamerl,
Take the tosser to court via "moneyclaimonline" It's the government court service and will only set you back about £80.
eBay is a legally binding contract and loads of people abuse it, it really bugs me.
You'll get your £80 back at least and he'll get a CCJ.........should feel like sweet revenge ;o)
Good luck anyway.

wil
Unverified Poster

Post by wil »

Alpina165 wrote:The one from Pistonheads had better not be on Ebay as it's mine!

Its ok, the carandclassics site one i should have said

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration
Colour: Gold,blue and green
Year: 1987

Post by AndyC »

peter319 wrote:Hey Miamerl,
Take the tosser to court via "moneyclaimonline" It's the government court service and will only set you back about £80.
eBay is a legally binding contract and loads of people abuse it, it really bugs me.
You'll get your £80 back at least and he'll get a CCJ.........should feel like sweet revenge ;o)
Good luck anyway.
The trouble is you need to show how you've suffered loss as a result. It's not like he took the money then said, "I want more or else you don't get the car or your money back". You'd only be able to claim for the financial loss incurred. If he pays within a certain time frame no CCJ is registered against him.

peter319
Junior Poster

Post by peter319 »

Good point, should have considered that....Doh!!!!!!

Miamerl
Verified Poster

Post by Miamerl »

The yellow one in classic car is the one I bid upon. Hes based in Livingstone, Scotland. Baa humbug.... Glad that he hasnt sold it yet. Where are there any Lotus Excel meetings in the North???