New member, new excel owner

If you spot one, shame them into owning up!!
If you are new to the Lotus position introduce yourself here. Please try to keep your the post to your introduction and your initial question/problems to the right formum.

Moderator: Board Moderators

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Re: New member, new excel owner

Post by MetBlue »

It did 832 miles last year. I’m trying to keep it under 100,000 which is right hard when at last MOT showed 99,960.
From what I read, all you need is a VDO speedo. - although at the moment, mines behaving itself.

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

igg-hiss
Senior Poster

Post by igg-hiss »

MetBlue wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 18:13
It did 832 miles last year. I’m trying to keep it under 100,000 which is right hard when at last MOT showed 99,960.
From what I read, all you need is a VDO speedo. - although at the moment, mines behaving itself.

Tony
Tony I'm a Rouge not a rake or is it the other way around. :wink:
The Lotus Eclat, a lot like the English Whisky company: comes from Norfolk and better than you are often told it is.

andyrowland_86
Verified Poster

Post by andyrowland_86 »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I've been missing her this week, I dropped her off to Esprit Engineering in Wiltshire to have the carbs rebuilt and setup. They had a little look at the oil leak, they think its from the head gasket. Apparently on some head gaskets available in the 90s (non genuine ones) there is a copper crush washer as part of the head gasket instead of an o ring. (The oil pools in a well just under the distributor). Need to have another look when I get her back.

Pick her up today, I have ordered some bits from lotusbits. Oil filter, oil pressure gauge and sender (it had the incorrect one fitted), so hopefully do an oil change over the next week.