If you spot one, shame them into owning up!!
If you are new to the Lotus position introduce yourself here. Please try to keep your the post to your introduction and your initial question/problems to the right formum.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Lotus520
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Blue
Year: 1990

Post by Lotus520 »

Hi to everyone

Joined today with much help from Richard, thanks Richard.
I am currently without a Lotus but am after buying a 91/92 Excel SE, would love a pristine low mileage example, but realise I may have to settle for one needing tidying up, just has to be HPI clear.
For any potential sellers out there, The car has a beautiful tiled and plastered garage waiting for it and would be totally indulged..... this may help in your decision to sell your pride and joy😂
I’ve had a few Lotus before, Cortina Mk2, 70’s Elite, Eclát, Excel SE, and two Elise, and have decided the Excel is the one for me.
Cheers

Lotus-e-Clan
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE - EWP/Waterless!
Colour: Not Blue or Green
Year: 1989

Re: New member

Post by Lotus-e-Clan »

Great to read a learned endorsement for the Excel SE -given your Lotus history! 8)

The way things are going (the Excel's popularity rise), folk may hold on to good ones a little longer.

I have to prune my lowly stable sooner or later 'cos I'm just not using them - the lockdown has distilled life's real needs ... or lack of them! - The camper will stay - but Roaster, Clan and Excel are on notice. At least one of them has to go before the year's out...probably Roadster first, then it's between the Clan and Excel. The Clan costs next to nothing to run (Historic Tax no MOT £100 insurance, £45-50 mpg!) but the Excel has family history (3x wedding car, etc), and it's one of the last Chapman influenced designs with a proper LOTUS engine and it drives great. :|

Welcome and good luck with your search for a good one.
Peter K

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Great to see you here at last! We're trying to make the new member process much better, moving from a situation where all registration attempts had to be vetted by a technical wizard to prevent various kinds of site attack.

Good luck in your search - the Excel seems to be quite a popular choice at the moment and this is a good place to look.

Cheers, Richard

Ray-s
Regular Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: calypso red
Year: 1988

Post by Ray-s »

Hi and welcome, good luck with the search. I had to settle for one that needed quite a lot of work but it has been worthwhile I love the car and still get a kick when I take it out...Ray
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Ray...
Why is there always bits left over ?

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

Welcome! Buying a car that needs a bit of work also lets you get to know it better. Paint and interior are the most expensive to fix of course.

Good luck with your search. Excels are still amazing value!

Pete

AndyD
Junior Poster
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1986

Post by AndyD »

Welcome! I am a relatively recent SE owner and all I can say is the information and knowledge from the guys on this forum is excellent, and some of the work that's been completed by members is truly inspiring.

The Excel is a fantastic car and mine's definitely a keeper even if it keeps me busy in the garage...

Cheers

Andy

Lotus520
Junior Poster
Colour: Blue
Year: 1990

Post by Lotus520 »

Thanks for the warm welcome, I hope I can bring something to the forum as well as learn from it.
Cheers