Newbie here

If you spot one, shame them into owning up!!
If you are new to the Lotus position introduce yourself here. Please try to keep your the post to your introduction and your initial question/problems to the right formum.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Dr_G
Senior Poster
Year: 0

Post by Dr_G »

mds666 wrote:what was the total cost of the conversian??

ive just got the hispec conversian from lotus bits
310mm 6pot's... :D
How much did that cost you Mark? I can't see it listed on their website, do you have any more information? Do they fit under the stock wheels?

Gordon

mds666
Senior Poster

Post by mds666 »

the hispec 4 pots that mike (lotus bits) runs on his excel based rally car fit under the standard rims... i have the 6pot which appers to have the same dimentions... although i havnt tryed them on yet... i also havnt got the bill yet...! if your intrested give mike a call for a quote. i went for the hispec over the wilwood stuff mainly because i have heard nothing but horror stories from people that use the willwood stuff, and brake calipers is one area i wouldnt much like a failure!...

G7HMC
Verified Poster

Post by G7HMC »

Hi Mark,
Yes that price was for complete kits including pads.

er just a point I see that you have been concerened about Wilwood brake parts in your othrer post and yet the kit you perchased is from a very small company based in Darford, making there own calipers.
not sure what would concern me most. but if it helps I have wilwoods on my M5 turbo track car and have never had any problems, I think as with most things problems come about based on what bits of kit you use and what you fit them too, I have seen a few cars down at AMS with brake problems and its been as aresult of fitting light duty calipers to cars that require calipers more up to the job.

Just my 2 P's worth

Steve C
Senior Poster

Post by Steve C »

I wonder if this is the dust seals issue? The Hispec Billet 4's on my Excel have dust seals, some Wilwoods don't, the AP racing calipers on my Esprit don't ...

Perhaps it's down to the level of preventative maintenance on caliper pistons without seals?

G7HMC
Verified Poster

Post by G7HMC »

Could well be Steve