Road test car

If you spot one, shame them into owning up!!
If you are new to the Lotus position introduce yourself here. Please try to keep your the post to your introduction and your initial question/problems to the right formum.

Moderator: Board Moderators

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Road test car

Post by bash »

Spotted at the East Yorksire classic show, the Ex Motor road test car, speaking to the owner revealed it had been in long term ownership by a friend in East Yorks who died and he bought it about a year ago. Good quality respray and mechanical refurb had been done and was a lovely car.

Bash
Last edited by bash on Tue May 21, 2019 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

barker_001
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1990

Re: Road tast car

Post by barker_001 »

Great spot, John. That magazine cover is one of my all-time favourite Excel photos. Hopefully the new owner will find his way onto here, if not already.
Bryan

1990 Excel SE

"Look, there's a Ferrari..."

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Re: Road test car

Post by bash »

Ive tried to steer him in our direction so I hope he will join the forum. I also met another chap who has had an Excel for many years and is part way through a long standing conversion to a Scorpio V6. Its a bit on the back burner at the moment tho cos he has a very good collection of cars and turned up to the show in a Sunbeam Tiger. Amazing what you find talking to people eh !

Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.