Dark Blue in Chessington

If you spot one, shame them into owning up!!
If you are new to the Lotus position introduce yourself here. Please try to keep your the post to your introduction and your initial question/problems to the right formum.

Moderator: Board Moderators

83Excel
Senior Poster
Model: Evora 400
Colour: Racing Green

Dark Blue in Chessington

Post by 83Excel »

Down near the mother in laws earlier and saw a Mediterranean? Blue Excel parked in a drive near Chessington Parade.

Any one on here, you are incredibly local seeing as I've never seen the car before.
Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red Leather interior.
Mini F56 John Cooper Works for the laydee

SteveT
Verified Poster
Year: 0

Post by SteveT »

OMG, LOL! that's mine!!! :D :)

Was meaning to get around to a proper newbie 1st post with an introduction and a few pics, but haven't got round it yet - I'll try to get a few pics up in next few days.

I aquired the car as a non-runner around the middle of May, from my Mother actually. Its a metallic blue?? (real nice colour!) '86 S.E. with the HC engoine, which she bought about 10 yrs ago. She used it quite regularly then very rarely and then eventually it was parked up in the open in Teddington and never moved or started for about 2 years. She wanted to sell it, but as a non-runner it wouldn't have made much at all so I've taken it off her to tinker with, with a view to getting it fixed and MOT'd and either used or sold on.

I'm no expert with car mechanics but I like cars and like to have a go. My other car is a Westfield 7, so you the Lotus Excel would actually be quite a civilised alternative! :)

Towed it from Teddinton to Chessington. Put a new battery in it and it started. Result! But no clutch. No fluid in clutch reservoir so filled and bled that but still clutch not working. Figured the clutch was probably siezed to flywheel, so stuck in in gear and started the car. Eventually clutch came free. Seems to be working, but car has still not left my drive yet.
- Haven't made much progress on it yet really. I've had the windscreen wiper motor out as the wipers don't work. Motor seems to work off the car though, so I'll stick it back in and see what happens. Maybe wiring.
- Front bumper wasn't sitting right, so took that off and there is some accident damage behind there, where bumper mounting attaches to tub. Should not be too hard to fix.
- Window frames in very bad condition.
- Brakes all need servicing.
- Doors a bit saggy & electric windows barely work.
- Need front fog lights - they are broken.
- Interior needs damn good clean, and headlining starting to sag in places.
- Smoke from exhaust manifold. Must be oil leaking on there somehow, but I am struggling to see where from. Not much access around there.

There is lots more to do, but no real hurry. I'm 27 and money & time is limited (My Westfield seems to take up more than its fair share of both anyway!!! :) ). I'd just like to get the Excel to a state where it will pass an MOT then I can drive it and decide if I like it or sell it on.

Anyone local to Chessinton, then I'd be happy to meet up for a chat. If your passing by 83Excel then pop in!!! I'm sure I could use some advice, help and inspiration!!
Will certainly be back here with a few questions in the future I'm sure!!

Thanks,
Steve

Ozzy_UK
Senior Poster

Post by Ozzy_UK »

sounds much like the condition of mine, incidently i work in chertsey, so when i get mine on the road will have to pop over and say hi steve :)

Oz.
Oran Maliphant
---------------------------------------
Mercedes B250e “Tesla” 2015
MGF 1.8i Steptronic CVT 2001
Honda Civic Type R EP3 2004
Volvo V70 T5 2002
Lotus Excel 4.0l V8 1987 #2470

83Excel
Senior Poster
Model: Evora 400
Colour: Racing Green

Post by 83Excel »

SteveT wrote:OMG, LOL! that's mine!!! :D :)
If your passing by 83Excel then pop in!!! I'm sure I could use some advice, help and inspiration!!
Will certainly be back here with a few questions in the future I'm sure!!

Thanks,
Steve
Sounds good - perhaps next Lotus night at the Ace Cafe :twisted: . Just need to get mine back :cry: , it's actually in Chessington at the moment getting some spray work done so it'll look its best for Goodwood. :D

Me be in Stoneleigh by the way.
Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red Leather interior.
Mini F56 John Cooper Works for the laydee

SteveT
Verified Poster

Post by SteveT »

It's for sale :oops:

No time to spend on the Lotus, and it's just taking up space on my drive. In one month I've attempted to fix the windscreen wipers and haven't managed that even.

It is on ebay now. Spares or Repair. check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0014265547

cheers,
steve